Watch this video for Bi-tron. Very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dr_No
yawn.

08.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
Are you using this stuff?

I used it once a couple of years ago. I liked it. But I've sworn off teflon-based additives. I'm not sure what this has in it.

I like watching the video. It's cool to see all those products locking up the bearing. :)

Like all of these tests, they seem to let the "super-lube" sit under a little pressure while they talk before "shock loading" it.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Like all of these tests, they seem to let the "super-lube" sit under a little pressure while they talk before "shock loading" it.

If you say so.

Find the timken tests of all of these lubes.

The tests are all over the internet.

They all use the same MO.

If the tests were equal and there aren't any nasty detergents in there than it looks like a good product, and they say no Teflon. The question is were the tests equal?

"The question is were the tests equal?"

I don't think so. Notice that when Bi-tron is tested they gently lower the torque wrench, in the other tests they appear to purposely stopping the bearing and creating as much damage as they can with their up and down motion.

What does this test prove? I'm not sure what useful information can be drawn from it. Bi-tron would have you believe that Mobil 1 is not enough to protect your engine from bearing failure. This test proves that of course.

Holy [censored]! I guess I can stop worrying about ZDDP and just buy this stuff now!
LOL.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back