Wasteful oil changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Their car their money. I just worry about my car my money.

This!

This

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: Patman

First of all, you can't read very well because one of my Corvettes isn't even built yet, and when it is, I will be trading the other one. And having 3 cars is not a waste, one is my wife's, one is my bad weather car and the Corvette is for good weather only. Not a waste. But thanks for your idiotic comment.

LOL, some people have a hard time with comprehension.
Weird I still remember when you got that Vette, you got a good deal on it from what I remember.

But it does go back to the point of why judges other on what they spend their money on?
Some will see (as apparent above) that having more than one vehicle is a waste (even if it is justifiable). Why do you need a bad weather car (rhetorical)? Just buy a car you can drive year round.
If somebody wants to "waste" their money on an un-needed oil change, let them.
This too ^^^^^^^

Corvettes are worth a chunk of money if you preserve them. If you don't their worth parts. You seriously have any idea of what a 65 - 67 Stingray cost new and what one sells for today? Are we really talking waste here or are we talking [censored] envy?

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Another annoying trend is someone with 4 cars, two of which are Corvettes, one of which is a brand new Corvette, posting about wasteful oil changes. Since you can only drive one car at a time, having more than one is wasteful. Therefore, EVERY oil change you do on those THREE extra cars is wasteful.
If someone wants to change their oil every ten miles or every ten million miles, it's not mine or anyone else's business.

First of all, you can't read very well because one of my Corvettes isn't even built yet, and when it is, I will be trading the other one. And having 3 cars is not a waste, one is my wife's, one is my bad weather car and the Corvette is for good weather only. Not a waste. But thanks for your idiotic comment.

I think Patman can own as many darn cars as he wants to. Shoot, I hope gets a warehouse for them all. No, I'm serious. After all, 4 of the cars in my sig are mine and my wife's.

On the other hand, I'm not upset with the 3K synthetic oil change. I "pity the poor fools" that shorten the life span of their cars due to lack of normal maintenance. Example, just saw a friend having trouble with his car over heating. If you could have seen the mud that came out of his radiator. It was almost thick.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
We all need to stop eating cow. That will help the environment more than skipping an oil change here and there.

Ain't happening
eek.gif

If someone thinks their oil is completely 100% shot and actually "acid" that eats bearings all winter long, how come they let it get that bad? Even mostly used oil protects against rust.

Then in spring if you misfire starting up on old fuel or idle a bunch after a jump start etc you're (not) wrecking new oil.

I didn't intend this topic to be talking about all the wasteful things people do in life, I figured as fellow oil nuts you would understand where I'm coming from here. I get annoyed at people draining brand new oil that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH IT, just because they feel like it's cheap insurance. But they don't understand technically what's going on inside their engine obviously.

Based on current usage of the car, I had planned to change the oil in my Scat Pack once every 6 months or 1,000 miles. Since reading the OPs post I have now decided to change the oil every 3 months or 500 miles. If that gives him a few days of indigestion, then it will be worth it. My suggestion to him is to mind his own business.

Another annoying trend is someone with 4 cars, two of which are Corvettes, one of which is a brand new Corvette, posting about wasteful oil changes. Since you can only drive one car at a time, having more than one is wasteful. Therefore, EVERY oil change you do on those THREE extra cars is wasteful.
If someone wants to change their oil every ten miles or every ten million miles, it's not mine or anyone else's business.

So, you post on here, being incredibly judgemental. Someone turns the table on you, and they are the idiot? Rock on!
smile.gif

The environment heals itself. Think of WW2 and all that lead and ships with fuel and oil that sank. By the standards of today the oceans should be dead. Pearl Harbor should be a huge permanent oil slick.

How often a person changes their oil is none of my business. Today's society has been told we must correct each other if we see wrong. It's no wonder people are polarized in their thoughts. Who decides what is right or wrong?

Originally Posted By: PimTac
The environment heals itself. Think of WW2 and all that lead and ships with fuel and oil that sank. By the standards of today the oceans should be dead. Pearl Harbor should be a huge permanent oil slick.

How often a person changes their oil is none of my business. Today's society has been told we must correct each other if we see wrong. It's no wonder people are polarized in their thoughts. Who decides what is right or wrong?

Right stinking on!

Originally Posted By: Gebo
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
We all need to stop eating cow. That will help the environment more than skipping an oil change here and there.

Ain't happening
eek.gif

x2

This is coming from someone who prefers chicken (health reasons) too.

I remember you posting that you would pour New GC thru your Firebird to flush it out. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

When I first started coming here and reading about extended OCI's I told my self there were two things that would never happen. Letting my extreme short trippers go over 3 months without changing the oil and I would only use conventional. Now I go 6 months OCI's and I just put in my first blend. Some are just slow to change and who knows what may happen in another year or two.

So, you post on here, being incredibly judgemental. Someone turns the table on you, and they are the idiot? Rock on!
smile.gif

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back