Walmart raising oil prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
That works out to an increase of about two or three dollars a year for the average driver? Oh my gosh, the sky is falling!

I only buy when it's a deal or on clearance. I have plenty of PYB, MaxLife HM, Shell Rotella, Mobil Delvac, Chevron Delo, QSGB, Pennzoil HM and a nice stash of various synthetic oils for mixing the Dino oils with....PP, PU, QSUD, Valvoline, Shell Rotella T6 and Shell full synthetic and Mobil EP.

I only buy when on clearance or sale and use it up as I go. If I see a sale then I load up on the oils that I need for family, friends and neighbors oil changes. I have used up most of my Formula Shell oil from clearance sales at Walgreen's, Target and Advanced Auto, except for my personal stash. That was a huge FS stash...but it went fast.

These rebates with Mobil, Mobil Delvac and Valvoline along with the Purolator Oil Filters comes in very handy. Not as good as the Advance Auto deals when they have the computer glitches....but enough.

Pop_Rivit said:
That works out to an increase of about two or three dollars a year for the average driver? Oh my gosh, the sky is falling!

It is?!!! Everybody run for cover!!!
27.gif
grin2.gif

Last edited:
I dont see why peoples have to freak out, or time to " grap as much as u can while it on sale, incase oil price rise again ". You will spend more then what you have to spend. Its only few dollar different for every 6 month or 5k+ miles. Just chill out everything will be ok.

Originally Posted By: CamaroT56
I dont see why peoples have to freak out, or time to " grap as much as u can while it on sale, incase oil price rise again ". You will spend more then what you have to spend. Its only few dollar different for every 6 month or 5k+ miles. Just chill out everything will be ok.

Yeah but all these "small" increases add up over 6mo-1yrs time. Motor oil up, gasoline up, food prices up, cable rates up, home utility bills up, cotton/clothing up, taxes up...

To some not swimming in money and on a tight budget this adds up and DOES make a difference over time. It's this attitude, that a few cents/bucks won't hurt anyone, it's plain wrong.

In the bigger picture, there's no way this economy is going to recover when these basic expenses eat into families' discretional spending funds. People are going to buy less goods/services- maybe not book those hotel rooms for a summer vacation, not buy that new car, put off that home improvement project, etc. That in turn hurts those who work in businesses that sell/provide/manufacture those goods and services.

If we don't recognize what forces are at work here and take action, then I have a word for you- stagflation. Welcome back to 1979.

Eh, just run the oil 200 miles longer to make up the cost difference and everything balances out in the end.

I'm more hurt by the recent $4.00 / gallon for Premium gas increase then by oil prices. Oil is cheap.

Originally Posted By: meangreen01

Yeah but all these "small" increases add up over 6mo-1yrs time. Motor oil up, gasoline up, food prices up, cable rates up, home utility bills up, cotton/clothing up, taxes up...

To some not swimming in money and on a tight budget this adds up and DOES make a difference over time. It's this attitude, that a few cents/bucks won't hurt anyone, it's plain wrong.

In the bigger picture, there's no way this economy is going to recover when these basic expenses eat into families' discretional spending funds. People are going to buy less goods/services- maybe not book those hotel rooms for a summer vacation, not buy that new car, put off that home improvement project, etc. That in turn hurts those who work in businesses that sell/provide/manufacture those goods and services.

If we don't recognize what forces are at work here and take action, then I have a word for you- stagflation. Welcome back to 1979.

I know what you mean, but their nothing we can do when food, gas, oil price went up. Beside cut back on something, like cigaret, and yes skip the vacation this year like u say. Why cry about it when walmart raise up price 1-2 dollar different in oil. Just go with it. BTW walmart is not only place selling oil, many auto part having oil deal atm. If you dont like the price shop whereelse, no need to cry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Artem
Eh, just run the oil 200 miles longer to make up the cost difference and everything balances out in the end.

I'm more hurt by the recent $4.00 / gallon for Premium gas increase then by oil prices. Oil is cheap.

LOL funny and true at same time ^^

Hey fellas, we will think $4.00 for quart of conventional oil and $4.00/gal gas was cheap when the prices get up to $10/quart oil and $15/gal gas in about 2 years, so enjoy and stock up.

Originally Posted By: nooil
Hey fellas, we will think $4.00 for quart of conventional oil and $4.00/gal gas was cheap when the prices get up to $10/quart oil and $15/gal gas in about 2 years, so enjoy and stock up.

eek.gif

I know what you mean, but their nothing we can do when food, gas, oil price went up. Beside cut back on something, like cigaret, and yes skip the vacation this year like u say. Why cry about it when walmart raise up price 1-2 dollar different in oil. Just go with it. BTW walmart is not only place selling oil, many auto part having oil deal atm. If you dont like the price shop whereelse, no need to cry.

Where was anyone crying? The o/p was stating a fact - which I happen to agree with, having just come from one of my local Walmarts.
Even with the price increase I'd still say Walmart is USUALLY the least expensive. I've seen some of the "specials" auto parts chains runs and at best they equal but are often still more than Walmart.

Very good points. Anyone who thinks the pennies don't add up need to take some classes in accounting. People with that attitude have obviously never been in any type of management position.
For some people who may already be on a tight budget the higher oil/gas prices can hurt! Especially those people who follow the rules and keep their cars running correctly (with all the proper equipment installed)

Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc

Very good points. Anyone who thinks the pennies don't add up need to take some classes in accounting. People with that attitude have obviously never been in any type of management position.
For some people who may already be on a tight budget the higher oil/gas prices can hurt! Especially those people who follow the rules and keep their cars running correctly (with all the proper equipment installed)

read my other post, price went up, nothing we can do about it, but keep shoping, gas price went up, but we still gotta keep buying gas, food went up, but we gotta eat. No matter price went up, we still gotta buy it anyway, btw I only mean on oil, oil is too cheap for car anyway, its not like u spend buying new oil every week, oil is change at 5k or 6+ month, pay a little more for oil at every 5k or 6month, 1-2 dollar different is nothing. if we talk about gas or food that is different story. I ONLY MEAN ON ENGINE OIL.

BTW I know how to, management my spending. But for engine oil which I and almost every one here spending at 5k+ to 6+ month, I think its not nessary to sweet about.

Have you ever thought about checking your spelling and grammar? Doesn't take much effort. Reading your posts is painful. It sounds like English isn't your first language, but I noticed you're from MS, so that's not it...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jehartley
Have you ever thought about checking your spelling and grammar? Doesn't take much effort. Reading your posts is painful. It sounds like English isn't your first language, but I noticed you're from MS, so that's not it...

Thanks for your concern. English is my third language. I try lol. Im just try get my point out, about 1-2 dollar different on oil at every 6+ month is not nessary. I LIKE save moneys too but on the thing I spend every day, food, gas, electric, waters. not engine oil. If gas price just went up to 2 more dollar, then that something we debate about. Im done here, good day gentleman.

Originally Posted By: Jehartley

He's not that bad. He's trying, give him a break.

I agree that a 2-3% price increase isn't much compared to something that costs $6 (Synthetic oil, on sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back