Walmart = OUTDATED OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call it outdated. It's superseded, perhaps, but far from outdated. I would be hesitant to call even the SM/GF-4 Castrol Edge with Titanium on our Walmart shelves outdated. It will be outdated, though, if Walmart doesn't improve its price.
wink.gif

My super Wal-Mart amazes me from time to time. They stock more diesel oil than anywhere including big truck shops. Especially Rotella 10w-30 semi syn. And Mobil TDT 5w-40. And as of late, Chevron DELO400 LE Synthetic 5w-40!! And at $19.98/gallon. I've NEVER seen this anywhere on a shelf. Ive only heard of it. And they've had Mopar ATF+4 on and off. So all in all they do a good job of stocking good stuff. But I can usually do better on prices at O'Reilly if I watch for sales.

Originally Posted By: neilLB7
My super Wal-Mart amazes me from time to time. They stock more diesel oil than anywhere including big truck shops. Especially Rotella 10w-30 semi syn. And Mobil TDT 5w-40. And as of late, Chevron DELO400 LE Synthetic 5w-40!! And at $19.98/gallon. I've NEVER seen this anywhere on a shelf. Ive only heard of it. And they've had Mopar ATF+4 on and off. So all in all they do a good job of stocking good stuff. But I can usually do better on prices at O'Reilly if I watch for sales.

Does not surprise me. Not every Wal-Mart is a cookie cutter copy of each other. They have regional demographics that allow the stores to adjust item availability and stocking to meet those needs. Many times, the specific store manager can have say in ordering unique items and stock them.

Went to Walmart a couple days ago and could not believe how stocked they were with oil, they even had Ultra 5w/30 which is hard to come by at Walmart these days, Castrol was in quantities never seen before, I thought to myself what are they expecting an oil changing frenzy? This explains why all other Walmarts are short on oil, its all here! Other thing of interest is the Synpower I picked up no longer has the foil seal underneath the cap - just a locking cap with a breakable bead, arggggggg..

Last edited:
My walmat has jugs of TDT that have been collecting dust for at least a year. And they'll continue to at that price. Maybe they'll clearance it out and make it worth buying??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back