Walmart EverStart Maxx - Warranty

I bought this battery just over 1.5 years ago (July '22) and has begun showing signs of struggling to start, likely due to my daughter leaving her phone charger plugged in and leaving her dome light on one time.

I noticed there is a "3-year free replacement." How does one go about redeeming this warranty with Walmart? Do you simply bring the battery in for them to test?

1711727512371.jpg

It will be easier to bring it to a Wal-Mart with an auto center. They told me that they have a tester that they have to run before they will warranty it and nobody knew how to operate the battery test at the store I was at.

Yes, you bring it to WM and have them test it. I did this, and I drove out with a new battery. If your wm is like mine, bring something to do to take up the hours--but they did honor the warranty, which is nice, w/o a hassle at all.

I've had several replaced in the past two years. Took an H6 back just last week. If you still have the original receipt it will speed things up. Otherwise they'll scan the bar code on the battery and determine what you get back. They will load test the battery and if it fails you will get a new replacement. If the battery is out of warranty they should prorate and give you a replacement.

I've had good luck with WM honoring their replacement policy.

Last edited:
Yeah its a hassle, that's why I mentioned it. I guess it depends on how much time you have, and how much money you have. And that is one reason why I switched to AAA (where I can be in my own home and have them swap out my battery while the car is in the driveway).

Having to bring a jigsaw puzzle to, "take up the hours", sounds like a hassle to me?

Yep, just bring the battery to the store
As far as the rest of your post, charging a cell phone is not gonna prematurely wear a battery
Lleaving a dome light one time won’t either but most cars automatically shut them off if inadvertently left on anyway.

Some years back, overtime, we returned two batteries from two different vehicles to Walmart just about at the three year mark, and it was never a problem.
Heat in the south really kills batteries

you NEED a charger when theres limited driving, ALL my batteries are OVER 5 years old + one is OE in my 13 Vic Hammer!! i move my C-Tek from bikes to car + pickup REGULARLY!!

Some of you are encountering crappy stores and/or employees if it's taking an inordinate amount of time to swap out a battery that's actually bad. Take it to the Auto center cashier to exchange it. Most, if not all WM stores, should be testing the battery with a conductance style tester(Midtronics usually) so there's no need to charge the battery. I don't think I've encountered any store that sells batteries that's performed an actual load test in more than a decade...

If you take it in fully charged it takes 10 minutes.

Otherwise their tester will tell them to charge it. Just leave it and come back a few hours later.

Back