Walmart employees are clueless???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
-- all the while there is a line backing up & up at customer service.

I know you started this thread thinking you were on some mental high ground over the CS lady trying to figure out your issue when the reality is that the website and actual store pricing can vary nor are they required to match the web pricing.

So in essence, you became "THAT GUY" everybody hates being behind because you had to win some trivial pricing amount and then had to online berate the Walmart employee because she was not up on what you knew but failed to bring when you left your phone behind. You failed in execution of this event, not the Walmart CS employee.

Something tells me you also write checks at the check out counter and get upset when you get push back on expired coupons you are trying to pass.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
My time is too valuable to wait that long for a measly $1.70.

That is all I could think of while reading this.

Maybe your the little nerd that got picked on all through school also & hides behind his computer again like alittle sissy? Did I not mention THAT -- maybe it was Walmarts training? Or again, maybe just maybe you ALSO work at Wal Mart?
Besides, as far as I know -- they ARE to match web pricing I was told by a customer service supervisor there smarty pants. Dont forget to take your baby bottle to bed with you tonite!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: mcrn

1/3 of the way to a cup of coffee at Starbucks! But, what if he was on BITOG while waiting? :mind blown:

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I don't find the savings at Walmart to be that great, certainly not worth the hassle of the shopping experience. Wrote them off a few years ago.

I guess it depends on what items you are shopping for. In their supermarket department the food items are dramatically lower than what's offered at the "Popular Name" supermarkets.

And I'm not talking their store brand-even name brands are (generally) less.

Now that I am retired and go with my wife to do grocery shopping-I have seen this first hand.

And you can get one their "Blue Jean" (pants) lines for $10.00 bucks a pair. Can't beat that either. Yea-I know where they are made and don't mind.

On the other hand-if your making plenty of money and don't want the "Walmart experience" I can understand that as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
I don't find the savings at Walmart to be that great, certainly not worth the hassle of the shopping experience. Wrote them off a few years ago.

I guess it depends on what items you are shopping for. In their supermarket department the food items are dramatically lower than what's offered at the "Popular Name" supermarkets.

Now that I am retired and go with my wife to do grocery shopping-I have seen this first hand.

And you can get one their "Blue Jean" (pants) lines for $10.00 bucks a pair. Can't beat that either. Yea-I know where they are made and don't mind.

On the other hand-if your making plenty of money and don't want the "Walmart experience" I can understand that as well.

We buy fresh food at Trader Joe's for less than Walmart. Costco and Target (Target isn't anything great but beats the third world Walmart we have here) supplement the rest. Wine, coffee, household stuff, MOTOR OIL - Costco can't be beat!

My parents live in a kinda rural area and have a decent Walmart that I could shop at. The one here in the city is [censored] on earth. I'll have 80 dents on my car when I get back to it just from the stray carts they are too cheap to pay someone to collect from the parking lot.

We buy fresh food at Trader Joe's for less than Walmart. Costco and Target (Target isn't anything great but beats the third world Walmart we have here) supplement the rest. Wine, coffee, household stuff, MOTOR OIL - Costco can't be beat!

My parents live in a kinda rural area and have a decent Walmart that I could shop at. The one here in the city is [censored] on earth. I'll have 80 dents on my car when I get back to it just from the stray carts they are too cheap to pay someone to collect from the parking lot.

Again-depends. Yes-Trader Joe Sales items are very competitive. Everything else is higher. I am a CostCo member as well. I don't wish to buy 6 months of steaks at CostCo to get the price. We do buy their paper towels and toilet paper. Much less cash outlay for multiple months of supply-verses the expense of steaks. The issue at CostCo is they have good prices on what they sell-but lack choice. For example-good prices on Bridgestone, Michelin tires-you want anything else your pretty much out of luck.

I have found Target prices not even close to Walmarts-better caliber of shoppers however.

Anyway-this could be argued all day-without a true comparison shopping it comes down to experience and opinion.

Gotta love the Walmart haters............

Last edited:
Try Aldi for fresh produce, the turnover is fast which equals fresh. Bought a 3 lb bag of Gala MI apples for $1.50 last week. Every week they mark down about six items in their produce dept. Aldi is owned by Trader Joes, or same parent company. Decent beer, wine etc. No carts to worry about dinging your car. A person can have 100 items in front of you and the cashier rings them out in 5 seconds or so it seems.

Double guarantee on their items. Which means they replace the item and refund your money.

As far as Walmart goes, I shop their early in the morning to beat the masses of people. Works pretty well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Eddie
Walmart employees are clueless is a dumb statement. You're the one who forgot your cell phone with the information and it's the WM employee whose to blame? :))

Exactly what I thought.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Try Aldi for fresh produce, the turnover is fast which equals fresh. Bought a 3 lb bag of Gala MI apples for $1.50 last week. Every week they mark down about six items in their produce dept. Aldi is owned by Trader Joes, or same parent company. Decent beer, wine etc. No carts to worry about dinging your car. A person can have 100 items in front of you and the cashier rings them out in 5 seconds or so it seems.

Double guarantee on their items. Which means they replace the item and refund your money.

As far as Walmart goes, I shop their early in the morning to beat the masses of people. Works pretty well.

I have heard very good things about Aldi. None near me however.

$1.70 wasn't worth 5-10 minutes of waiting at Walmart? But, creating a thread about the experience with multiple posts (probably taking an equivalent 5-15 min out of your life) while saving $0.00 in the process was worth it. Ok, got it.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
$1.70 wasn't worth 5-10 minutes of waiting at Walmart? But, creating a thread about the experience with multiple posts (probably taking an equivalent 5-15 min out of your life) while saving $0.00 in the process was worth it. Ok, got it.

Yep-but presumably one is online because they have nothing else better to do-OR is multitasking.......
cool.gif

OR-in the case of BITOG it's cheap entertainment.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

I have heard very good things about Aldi. None near me however.

Quality seems good, but the selection is very limited.

Originally Posted By: mcrn

1/3 of the way to a cup of coffee at Starbucks! But, what if he was on BITOG while waiting? :mind blown:

LOL....good point....however he forgot his cell phone.....unless he was carrying around a laptop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back