VIRGIN FRAM TG 3976A CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Looks Frampion to me; louvers, button style BPV, date code placement & formatting. Built Feb. 28, 2016?

August 16, 2016. Julian date format.

Build date was actually August 15, 2016. You probably forgot that 2016 was a leap year.

Originally Posted By: Exit32
Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Looks Frampion to me; louvers, button style BPV, date code placement & formatting. Built Feb. 28, 2016?

August 16, 2016. Julian date format.

Build date was actually August 15, 2016. You probably forgot that 2016 was a leap year.

Touché, I did. Good catch.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

Sorry, there is no bypass in these filters, just like the ol' PF35 used on Chevys.

Yes, this is for a Dodge Cummins.

thank you sir for the info or application it fits
smile.gif

Thanks for post - if you still have it and could remove the media - I lined the camera up with what looked like tiny slots in the tube - only to find they were plenty wide. Sometimes they face down -
IMO - making the tube is an early step that surely has QAQC.

That wide pleat thing is getting more common where the machine terminates the media wrap ... prolly ok as long as the material is robust (unlike Puro)

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Curious,what's better. Louvers or round holes? Or does it even have any significance?

NO DIFFERENCE.

The louvers are smaller, but there's 4X as many

Lovers are good IF they are formed right. Been many reported cases of louvers that are barely opened up like this photo. Recommend inspecting louver formation before buying.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
... That wide pleat thing is getting more common where the machine terminates the media wrap ... prolly ok as long as the material is robust (unlike Puro)
Maybe so. The Fram Ultra 10358 cartridges I've seen (only in Walmart, so far) all have wide spacing next to the splice.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Curious,what's better. Louvers or round holes? Or does it even have any significance?

NO DIFFERENCE.

The louvers are smaller, but there's 4X as many

Lovers are good IF they are formed right. Been many reported cases of louvers that are barely opened up like this photo. Recommend inspecting louver formation before buying.

What kind of filter is that?

Originally Posted By: car51

Sorry, there is no bypass in these filters, just like the ol' PF35 used on Chevys.

Yes, this is for a Dodge Cummins.

thank you sir for the info or application it fits
smile.gif

+1 Saw no "fingers" for spring retainer sticking out of the endcap and wrongly assumed a flat button style BPV.

That looks like the Wix 51358 that I returned many months back thanks to closed louvers. Other examples on the shelf were just fine.

Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

That doesn't look like a real Fram, probably a rebox. Could be a Champ or Purolator

Originally Posted By: Garak

That looks like the Wix 51358 that I returned many months back thanks to closed louvers. Other examples on the shelf were just fine.

The 57356 still uses round holes
smile.gif

All of the TG's are still $4.50 at the local wally world....and mostly all gone at that!

There's still some HM Frams for $1.50.... one store still has Distance+ on the shelf for $3.00

I can't believe people use these things. Upgrade to an Ultra, or use a Wix.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
The 57356 still uses round holes
smile.gif

Yep, I have one of them on my shelf and two NAPA versions. I don't mind louvers; after all, I'm running a Hastings right now. The 57356 is cheaper than the specified one; strangely enough, the same applied back when Wix called for the 51365 and the 51356 oversize was cheaper.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Good for 5k run, glue is sloppy but harmless. Atleast they don't tear.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Originally Posted By: dishdude

Good for 5k run, glue is sloppy but harmless. Atleast they don't tear.

Unused ones don't tear anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back