valvoline synpower grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 1991 dodge power ram 150 and i have been wanting to find a grease that i can use on everything on the truck, the wheel bearings, the tie rod ends, the ball joints, the drag link, the u-joints and drive shafts.
I was a huge fan of the sfr grease the synthetic sfr in the orange tubes but i can not find it anywhere now. So i was kooking at greases in the parts store and i bought a case of the valvoline synpower grease for 60 bucks. I should have done more re-search before i bought it, but i was thinking it should be a good all purpose grease?? at least i'm hoping it will be.... I'll be using it on the u-joints and drive lines and the steering componets and ball joints and wheel bearings.
just wanting to find out more about it, and interested to see what you guys think of it. is it a good grease?

It'll work fine in your application. I use it on my trailer bearings with good success. I've also pumped it into a CV joint on my MIL's car that was missing a boot clamp, secured it with a cable tie and sent her on the way. More than a year later the joint is still healthy and rolling along nicely.

I think it is one of the best greases on the market, if not the best out of the major brands. I am not a huge fan of some other Ashland/Valvoline products but Synpower grease is my "go to".

good deal lol because i bought alot of it, it seems to be a good grease, i just packed my drive line splines with it, my driveshaft does not have a zert to grease the splines, so i had to take the drive line off and take it apart and grease the splines and put it back together. While doing that i got some of it on my hands and i went to wash my hands and steaming hot water didnt even phase it, the grease was still on my hands and was still greasy lol so i know it handles water really good.

All I use is synpower on my truck.

It is hard to wash off. Definitely wear some latex or nitrile gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back