SDS rotor hammer drill grease

Purchased a used SDS Max rotor hammer drill for couple upcoming house projects. It did not come with a grease. When I used my dad's rotor hammer drill, he had same brand grease that I put on the bits before installing them.
I have tube of Super Lube grease, spray on white lithium grease, HD green polyurea grease, red and tacky grease, John Deere corn Head grease and de-electric grease. Do I need to buy some special grease for my rotor hammer drill, or can I just use one of those?
Thank you for your help!

i would look for a grease with moly in it and tacky,,suggest either schaeffers #238 ultra supreme or even the #216 schaeffers chisel paste,,if near contractors store they may have something in a small squeeze tube also, what you have may not be as effective to the job only the red and tacky grease may or not work

Thank you guys. I was really trying to avoid buying another grease. But I guess "right tool for the right job".

The HD Polyurea and Corn Head are probably good candidates. You're dealing with steel on steel so you likely need an EP grease and the dielectric / SuperLube don't fit that description.

For the chuck I often use any EP lithium grease (NLGI 2) that's handy. For the gearbox I try to stock the Hitachi or Metabo grease from the parts list.

The HD Polyurea and Corn Head are probably good candidates. You're dealing with steel on steel so you likely need an EP grease and the dielectric / SuperLube don't fit that description.
Superlube TDS doesn’t recommend it for metal to metal. Only metal to plastic or plastic to plastic.

silicone grease = not good for steel on steel lubrication, promoting galling.
That’s very good to know.

Back