Another oil from Valvoline…

New Restore & Protect Premium Full Synthetic is the biggest breakthrough in motor oil since Valvoline introduced it 150 years ago. With continuous use, Valvoline’s proprietary Active Clean technology removes up to 100% of deposits, while its exclusive Liqui-Shield technology works to prevent future deposit formation. A clean engine minimizes friction between metal surfaces, helping to improve fuel economy. Valvoline Restore & Protect is the best motor oil for any age vehicle, from a new car’s first oil change to high-mileage vehicles. There’s no other motor oil like it. Valvoline Restore and Protect Premium Full Synthetic helps maximize fuel economy, horsepower, and engine life. We made it first, so you can keep your pistons factory clean. Renew. Restore. Repeat. (*Up to 100% piston deposit removal when used as directed for four or more consecutive oil changes at standard maintenance intervals, based on adapted sequence IIIH testing.)

It came up when I did a vehicle search. I couldn’t find a direct link to the product.

It came up when I did a vehicle search. I couldn’t find a direct link to the product.
Is this a new oil; or a re-brand of their current synthetic…?
This appears to be new - it is different from their Extended Protection High Mileage.

1693857942099.jpg

This appears to be new - it is different from their Extended Protection High Mileage.

View attachment 176887
Looks like a version of this? From Feb 2023.

Developed in partnership with Cummins and endorsed and recommended by the engine maker, Blue Restore is based on a blend of Group IV/Group V synthetic base oils coupled with a special additive package originating in Premium Blue CK-4 chemistry.

Valvoline says the oil can clean an engine so well that a likely overhaul date is extended months or even years.

Valvoline also notes because the product can produce considerable sediment evacuation, close monitoring of oil filter particulate capacity is recommended once the oil is in use. Oil filters also may require changing earlier than an oil drain interval due to sediment captured.

Definitely interested if this I'm fact a heavy group 4/5 synthetic from Valvoline. Hopefully not at a 10$/QT price

Developed in partnership with Cummins and endorsed and recommended by the engine maker, Blue Restore is based on a blend of Group IV/Group V synthetic base oils coupled with a special additive package originating in Premium Blue CK-4 chemistry.

New Restore & Protect Premium Full Synthetic is the biggest breakthrough in motor oil since Valvoline introduced it 150 years ago. With continuous use, Valvoline’s proprietary Active Clean technology removes up to 100% of deposits, while its exclusive Liqui-Shield technology works to prevent future deposit formation. A clean engine minimizes friction between metal surfaces, helping to improve fuel economy. Valvoline Restore & Protect is the best motor oil for any age vehicle, from a new car’s first oil change to high-mileage vehicles. There’s no other motor oil like it. Valvoline Restore and Protect Premium Full Synthetic helps maximize fuel economy, horsepower, and engine life. We made it first, so you can keep your pistons factory clean. Renew. Restore. Repeat. (*Up to 100% piston deposit removal when used as directed for four or more consecutive oil changes at standard maintenance intervals, based on adapted sequence IIIH testing.)
ILSAC? / GF-6? / SP?

Definitely interested if this I'm fact a heavy group 4/5 synthetic from Valvoline. Hopefully not at a 10$/QT price
I believe the Premium Blue Restore product was going for $70+ a gallon when it was introduced.

My money would be on NOT seeing this on the sale shelf at "Walmart".

EDIT* Upon further investigation it appears Orielly's has it listed for $12.99/qt. So maybe it will be on the shelf at Walmart.

Last edited:
Back