Valvoline Restore and Protect 5w20

Today i noticed Walmart now stocks the Valvoline Restore and Protect motor oil. Picked up a 5 quart jug for 29.99 any body know what add pack this oil has ?

Today i noticed Walmart now stocks the Valvoline Restore and Protect motor oil. Picked up a 5 quart jug for 29.99 any body know what add pack this oil has ?
The only thing I can add is there are a lot of claims made By Valvoline with this oil. Welcome 2 The Board!

Check the VOA forum IIRC there is one on there and it looks pretty similar to the other Valvoline oils. As far as what secrets are in it we can’t see with a cheap VOA lots of speculation but nobody knows for sure. There are a few early anecdotes here also that suggest it does clean but…. It’s early.

This is from a YouTube video . Both are R+P . May want to use ZOOM for a closer look .

IMG_4178.JPG

Was hoping for a bit more Moly but it should be good. Anyway will give it a go and see how it goes. Thanks for posting the virgin report.

I put the 0W-20 in my neighbors 4Runner with like 160k. $37.99 iirc including filter from Autozone. I learned from here at BITOG that you can buy the package with the $11.99 filter and then return the filter so $26 for the 5qts.

Local dealer has factory filter for $7 so that will be my next filter for them and just as easy to get the R&P from Walmart without the return thing at Autozone.

He also needs 6.6-7 qts so I bought 2 jugs, 2 filters. Returned both filters as I didn't like the STP XL cartridge pleat spacing/waviness. He got a Fram Ultra this time.

Changed the oil today at work to the V-R&P. Lets see how it goes for the next 3000 miles. Engine sounds fine. Did find a very small power steering leak needs more investigation likely hose o ring.

For some reason I’ve gotten to the point where I only tend to care about the starting oxidation point - hoping it’s in the mid 30’s with the thought that it means it has some group lV base stocks in it (PAO) - and if it doesn’t I tend to scroll right on by. I no longer get overly excited about high moly counts, as I figure it’s just the cheaper version of moly, and they’re using a lot of additives to make up for the base stock needing more assistance to get it to perform well enough to meet certifications. Why I do this now^^ I have no idea, but it’s becoming an expensive habit. Although “Restore and Protect” at $29.97 at Walmart is one of the pricier group lll oils I’ve seen.

Back