Valvoline Restore Gen2

Restore Gen2. Solvency Monday.

1694475894875.png

1694475927923.png

Interesting. I sort of thought they abandoned that product. The trick will be finding it for sale to us normals if it is something you want to try.

Interesting. I sort of thought they abandoned that product. The trick will be finding it for sale to us normals if it is something you want to try.
Hmm maybe they did. I'm not sure. Valvoline is into these Restore oils apparently, although the other one remains to be seen.

There were a handful of people here that ran the 'Gen1' stuff in various cars. I believe there were some UOA's done as well. The Gen1 was a very stout oil as I recall.

True. I kinda feel maybe more for a “ one foot in the grave” type of engines. Even in my beater, Maxlife seems to have it handled……

so fully tested on and endosed by cummins but the cummins store doesnt sell it.. just regular valvoline blue. products... :unsure:

Just called my local cummins sales and service. It took the poor guy close to 10 minutes of searching so it's obviously not easy but he found blue restore generation 1 on his computer and says it's available to order.

He's going to email his support to find out if generation 2 is available in Canada because he couldn't find it at all in the system.

Will update when I hear back - he said should be by tomorrow.

Just called my local cummins sales and service. It took the poor guy close to 10 minutes of searching so it's obviously not easy but he found blue restore generation 1 on his computer and says it's available to order.

He's going to email his support to find out if generation 2 is available in Canada because he couldn't find it at all in the system.

Still haven't heard back but I decided to go ahead with two cases of the 1st generation blue restore because the price is too good to pass on.

I didn't ask how much stock they had but there's currently stock in Montreal and Mississauga. Takes about two weeks for a transfer.

Part number for a case of (3) 1 gallon containers: 877377
Price: $87.83CAD (65.39USD!!!!!!)

Cheaper than mobil 1 from Walmart USA

There were a handful of people here that ran the 'Gen1' stuff in various cars. I believe there were some UOA's done as well. The Gen1 was a very stout oil as I recall.
I ran a 5K OCI through my wife’s 2013 Lexus LS460 and was blown away by the color of the oil when it was drained; it was orange. I suspect it cleaned up a lot of varnish that was in the engine at 100K miles. The engine didn’t use oil before nor after. I just did it as preventative maintenance and glad I did. Wow, that was really amazing…..

I have a friend that is a heavy diesel mechanic and has a great relationship with his dealers. He got me 4 gallons of Gen 1 PBR in 2/2024. Must still be available.

I'm currently running a mix of the Gen1 VPB "Restore" in 3 of my gasoline daily drivers :) I have 1.25 gallons remaining. I'll check my local Cummins dealer for NOS.

Back