USED ANTIFREEZE $5 a jug at Pick-n-Pull!

I had to go to the Pick-n-pull today to grab a few wiring connectors/pigtails and stuff that you can't get from LKQ and when checking out I noticed they had a rack full of used gallon jugs of antifreeze at $5 a gallon. The stuff was NASTY - dark colored and in windshield washer bottles. Now I get it that there are people on a budget but when a new jug of full concentrate can be had for $14 and makes you 2 gallons ...is saving $2 really even an option for that junk? It was not even labeled what kind or anything - just as used antifreeze.

Is there some other use for antifreeze besides engine cooling were this might be used. I cant imagine anyone draining their old antifreeze to refill with unknown age or condition fluid.
I know guys used to fill tractor tires with antifreeze but I think there are more green options now.

Is there some other use for antifreeze besides engine cooling were this might be used. I cant imagine anyone draining their old antifreeze to refill with unknown age or condition fluid.
I know guys used to fill tractor tires with antifreeze but I think there are more green options now.

Came here to say tractor tires... as well.. I've got -20 washer fluid and water in mine.

Well....I'm told it'll keep weeds down. Not that I'd know from personal experience

I bought two bottles of Peak 10x 50/50 for -$1.60
As in the rebate is paying me more than the purchase price
While I understand people are struggling, used cauldron coolant seems like a bad idea

I can see the clogged heater cores and stop leak contamination a mile out 🙄
False economy

Gives new meaning to "all makes all models" because thats what it was drained from.

Attachments

• 20200429_140310.jpg
    20200429_140310.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 87
If I was gonna buy any of that stuff, I'd bring my own tester and check it myself. And the only thing I would use it for if it tested good, would be winterising a outboard motor, or inboard motor. Then drain it out in the spring .collect it back up, and put it away until next year.,,

Back