US made pullers

Love the Fein! Is that one of the German COO models? Those make Metabo feel rough ;)

Love the Fein! Is that one of the German COO models? Those make Metabo feel rough ;)
Yes absolutely.

And I think I have a plan. I found a Proto bearing splitter that’s US made. But won’t be available for a while. Did a test fit with a Maddox unit from HF. It looks like it will fit the bill to use my actual press tool. Essentially a base that is sized correctly to force the bushing out. Ordering the Proto tonight.

IMG_1106.jpeg

And all the same, with a little finagling, I was able to get my small OTC 1022 puller in, and bushing pressed out.

IMG_1110.jpeg
IMG_1116.jpeg

I have to admit, I don’t mess with the bushings. I will do a lower ball joint if the bushings look OK. If the bushings are toast, I’ll order a lower A Arm, usually from Rock Auto. A new lower ball joint will come installed along with the new bushings.

I don’t do upper ball joints regardless of how the bushings look. It the upper ball joint is toast it gets an upper A arm, equipped with new bushings and ball joint.

Just me.

I have to admit, I don’t mess with the bushings. I will do a lower ball joint if the bushings look OK. If the bushings are toast, I’ll order a lower A Arm, usually from Rock Auto. A new lower ball joint will come installed along with the new bushings.

I don’t do upper ball joints regardless of how the bushings look. It the upper ball joint is toast it gets an upper A arm, equipped with new bushings.
Just me.
These are quality forged Mercedes suspension parts, not some stamped steel Chinesium.

In reality the job is pretty simple, just need the right tool or two. Many of the tools can be homemade too.

I just don’t have them all… well, actually I did since I got that bushing out. It pressed pretty easily…

Back