Upgraded my Scan Tool

Yes I noticed that. One more thing to ponder is my Autel Maxicom Mk808bt Pro is cheaper than OTOFIX D1 as well as the updates. The only difference is the camera and a speaker with the Pro getting a stand. The software is the same, however, you do need an updated Dongle for 2020 FD protocol which is GM and a few others which is 99.00 for the 808 series. According to what I read Autel updates the Otofix less frequently. My yearly update is 150.00. The Autel can use the scope and Battery tester as well. I pulled up software for vehicles and both have same bidirectional controls and resets.
I bought the battery tester that works with the Otofox D1 and D1 Lite. It works well but seems more complicated than it needs to be to set up.

I do not own one but in what way is it more complicated? I have a Clore for a quick basically go no go test and an old Snap on MT539 carbon pile for a more accurate test on lead acid batteries. You can find these in good condition for $50 all over the place.
I would be a bit leery of using one on ecm controlled alternators although I have not tried it.

I do not own one but in what way is it more complicated? I have a Clore for a quick basically go no go test and an old Snap on MT539 carbon pile for a more accurate test on lead acid batteries. You can find these in good condition for $50 all over the place.
I would be a bit leery of using one on ecm controlled alternators although I have not tried it.

It's more complicated because it hooks up through the scanner so you have to have both hooked up and linked and have to go through more steps to get everything synced up.
I've been using an older Solar tester for years that works pretty well and is a simpler process. I probably won't be using the Otofix battery tester that often.

Back