UBER first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
How about TURO? My cousin has used them several times to and from New Orleans airport.
https://turo.com/

That's more of a rental car company. Although some owners may offer pick up and drop off service from the airport.

Okay, that makes sense now. He did have the car he rented from them for 7-8 days.

Here is an a out of the box idea.

Check if there is an airport hotel that offers free parking for flying out.

If the hotel price is close to the parking price you might save yourself some headache by bedding down near the airport, having your car parked there and can take a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. If the hotel price is close to two UBER rides (assuming you need a ride both ways) then this might be close to a push fiscally.

My MIL does this. Of course she lives a couple of hours from the airport, so the timeline is a bit different.

If you have to pay for an UBER both ways, a hotel that offers a parking arrangement may not be so much more expensive that taking the uncertainty and earlier start out of the equation.

Once you return, you take the shuttle back to the hotel, get your car and drive home.

Originally Posted by Eddie
I will be using UBER for the first time next week. I'm going from home to airport and the trip time is ~ 35 minutes. My pick up time should be 3:45 to 4 AM. Should I contact a driver a day before with the information or what is the best/ correct way to assure I make my flight? Ed

Originally Posted by javacontour
Here is an a out of the box idea.

Check if there is an airport hotel that offers free parking for flying out.

I did something similar where I parked at the hotel and used the shuttle to the airport. Didn't stay at the hotel and they charge $10/day to park there. Since it was an early flight had a family member pick up the car later in the day so only a one day charge. Other times just kept the car there the entire time and paid for the entire duration. Of course back then they only charged $5/day.

https://www.airportparkingreservations.com/lot_cleveland_airport_marriott_cle

Last edited:
a 35 min ride is gonna cost you at least $50 one way. if you are only going to be away for a few days it may be less expensive to park at a airport lot.

Another interesting tidbit, Uber driving has absolutely no idea where you are going till they accept or actually pick you up. I cannot remember.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Another interesting tidbit, Uber driving has absolutely no idea where you are going till they accept or actually pick you up. I cannot remember.
Their app doesn't tell them where the person is going until the pick-up. This is to try and prevent Uber or Lyft drivers from weeding out destinations to dangerous neighborhoods.

It is going to be far cheaper to book a super shuttle.

I put family on there all the time, its about 45 bucks and they usually pick up in a mercedes sprinter van.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back