U.S. to announce fusion energy ‘breakthrough’

Achieving something for the first time is always hard...then it gets easier, more repeatable, and then very soon, everyone is doing it.
* synthesizing chemicals for example
* getting gas turbines to self sustaining took a long time, and many iterations, now you can go to a junkyard and get one made in a weekend...burning wood if you want. Look at the people trying to get self sustaining tuned length pulse jests.

these are big milestones, 1.5 time the energy input for a brief period...it will get easier...and it WILL get "mass" produced.

Just saw a short clip from Peter Zeihan on this subject. Can't link it, but he is on YouTube. Looks like we've gone from 10 years out for commercial fusion reactors to the end of the century with this tech, if it pans out.

I am still waiting for the hydrogen revolution.

With all of these groups working on Fusion, we should have had fusion energy yesterday:

The reality is way less rosy than the press release:
"“The net energy gain is with respect to the energy in the light that was shined on the target, not with respect to the energy that went into making that light,” says University of Rochester physicist Riccardo Betti, who was also not involved with the research. “Now it’s up to the scientists and engineers to see if we can turn these physics principles into useful energy.”

I tend to agree. The major current technical issue seems to be plasma stability and the ability and need to keep the plasma ignited.

Heat transfer to a useful medium for driving turbines is another technical issue. Currently, when you transfer heat from the plasma, you introduce plasma instabilities.

Last edited:
It appears Helion

and TAE Technologies are using similar technologies:

:ROFLMAO:

Yes, please keep us informed as to what year or Epoch you are in after the experiment.:eek:

If you see dinosaurs, let us know so we can come and bag them suckers! I don't know of any bag limits.
If he sees dinosaurs it may be another issue (and yes, somebody doesn't know how to spell enclosed, lol):
Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 6.34.00 PM.jpg

Back