type iv gm fluid

looking to have my automatic transmission fluid changed,want to do at current 26k,,is a power flush better or drain and refill,drive and drain again better,,and what brand is good fluid,looking for type iv low viscosity synthetic,looked at vavoline,pennz.,citgo etc,or does it really matter that much??

Any officially licensed brand is good, avoid Maxlife as it is not officially licensed.

I personally use O'reilly's Dexron VI.

Do not perform a power flush at a random shop, they do not properly clean those machines nor do they always drain them and you could get the incorrect fluid in the system.

Last edited:
M1 LV HP ATF. I believe GM dealers carry it. I order it from O'Reilly's Auto in the 6 pack. Performs great in My 2017 Ford Fusion 6F35 trans.

RA has GM Dex VI cheaper than anywhere else I have found even factoring shipping. If you just do a drain and fill that car will be fine. Easier than an oil change since theres no filter, IIRC the manual calls for 100K service interval on the trans.

26k on a 2020? Drain and fill. do another at 50k.
Any dex VI should be fine in that application.

I picked up Castrol trans dexron 6/Mercon LV AT advance auto on sale back in April did spill and fill on Saturday drove 100 miles or so and did another. Extremely easy, do it every 30k you will not have a problem

Back