"Tracking Device "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: grampi
I see nothing illegal about installing a tracking device, but I believe the boss needs to tell his employees that the device has been installed, which basically makes the device useless....

No law requires that. This has been litigated several times. Basically there's no expectation of privacy when you're using company property. They lose every time. Doesn't need to be disclosed, just common sense. Lots of places have cameras now, those don't need to be disclosed, you can usually see them when you look for them, but they do hidden cameras all the time when they suspect something. The only place you can expect privacy is the bathroom.

I agree. You are driving company vehicle, your boss has every right to track the use of company vehicle.

Years ago when I had my shop, I used to work on some vans for an aircon company...whenever I had one in, the woman from their office would ring me and tell me if I found a GPS not to tell the van driver. So I didn't see any GPS. We have GPS in our work vehicles (but not my shop ute), for the guys to get directions to farms, and to calculate mileage for service calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back