Trackhawk Grand Cherokee arrives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dareo
So he buys it in Canada and transports it to Florida? Wow.

Noooo, he winters in Florida, he has a house here as well.
smile.gif

It is definitely appealing to someone how likes this niche. Have fun if you go for one.

Not my cup of tea at all. They are making some serious coin if they manage to sell a base version for $34k and this retails for $85k.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
It is definitely appealing to someone how likes this niche. Have fun if you go for one.

Not my cup of tea at all. They are making some serious coin if they manage to sell a base version for $34k and this retails for $85k.

With the performance upgrades, what even comes close at this price point?

The Grand Cherokee has always had this weird value factor and price point where it can compete at Laredo trim all the way up to luxury price points...and always seems to be the cooler and better value. A Lexus or my Jeep? You see what I chose and in Overland trim with the added options I easily could have went into a Lexus, 3 years later and no regrets. Problem I'm facing now is I usually look for a new vehicle at the 3 year/50k mile mark and there isn't much I like more that what I have currently so I might ride it out a few more years.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Did you buy it?
smile.gif

Same guy that ordered mine ordered this one. We'll see what the price looks like in 6 months or so
wink.gif

Here's hoping you get a shot at one. They'll be rare as hens teeth.

Absolutely AWESOMELY CAPABLE vehicle. Can only imagine what it feels like to drive in inclement weather.

On a side note, the power delivery in the Hellcat I drove was extremely refined and amazingly quiet unless you buried your foot. Should be a sweet DD IMO...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Did you buy it?
smile.gif

Same guy that ordered mine ordered this one. We'll see what the price looks like in 6 months or so
wink.gif

Absolutely AWESOMELY CAPABLE vehicle. Can only imagine what it feels like to drive in inclement weather.

On a side note, the power delivery in the Hellcat I drove was extremely refined and amazingly quiet unless you buried your foot. Should be a sweet DD IMO...

If roads are inclement having 250 HP vs 700 HP becomes irrelevant as even the best winter tires will not handle the power as traction is not available nor stopping power. On dry/wet days though I am sure this is a hoot.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Did you buy it?
smile.gif

wink.gif

If roads are inclement having 250 HP vs 700 HP becomes irrelevant as even the best winter tires will not handle the power as traction is not available nor stopping power. On dry/wet days though I am sure this is a hoot.

This is accurate. It is not difficult to light up all 4 snows on asphalt with the power I have now, It's surprised me a few times.

I imagine on summer rubber with some nice dry roads, it will be an absolute monster.

Yellow calipers, red seats, orange valve covers....just a bit too much going on imo....still an awesome vehicle though.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: Starman2112
What do these sticker for?

If you have to ask, you cannot afford one.

Or you just don't know what they go for?
21.gif
smirk.gif

I have a feeling the price Jeep wants and what the dealers will mark them up to will be quite different.

Similar to the Civic Type-R and BMW M2.

20.gif
What an absolute work of art.

But, I can't see how that much power could be usable. Even using a fraction of the power it offers you'd be at prison speed in no time.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
20.gif
What an absolute work of art.

But, I can't see how that much power could be usable. Even using a fraction of the power it offers you'd be at prison speed in no time.

But but but you need to merge on the highway....
....away from the 35mph mergers.

I saw a SRT in my commute. He got my hint when i leave some space and did a nice merge.
Better a "sleeper" (lots of power in jeep form) like that, then a right-in-your-face Maserati/Porsche

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
This much power, even in the SRT trim is never about need and I don't think I've seen anyone that bought this type of a vehicle claim they need that power. Let's not be over dramatic.

Sure you need this much power! Lots of people here need a car that has "acceptable" acceleration in the 6-7s 0-60 range for safe merging. So this is the tow vehicle for them, it still has a 6-7s 0-60 time at max tow rating. Those slug slow 400hp pickups are unsafe when you've got a load on!

Seriously though, I do wonder how it would do on the Ike Gauntlet? Obviously power isn't a problem, just cooling but it should be able to run at 50% power or less nearly forever you would think.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

Sure you need this much power! Lots of people here need a car that has "acceptable" acceleration in the 6-7s 0-60 range for safe merging.

My issue is always the idiot in front of me merging onto the highway at 35 mph when an 18 wheeler is coming.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

I saw a SRT in my commute. He got my hint when i leave some space and did a nice merge.
Better a "sleeper" (lots of power in jeep form) like that, then a right-in-your-face Maserati/Porsche

My first experience of an SRT was driving home from work, along the local highway, at a motel. Idjits pulling out loiter and loiter, until they worked out that they HAD enough room, and go for it.

Jeep was there doing the same thing, then he pulled out WAY to late, and in MY car I heard that glorious roar, and he was straight up to the speed-limit.

Went home and googled...I didn't know that they existed.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: pandus13

My first experience of an SRT was driving home from work, along the local highway, at a motel. Idjits pulling out loiter and loiter, until they worked out that they HAD enough room, and go for it.

Jeep was there doing the same thing, then he pulled out WAY to late, and in MY car I heard that glorious roar, and he was straight up to the speed-limit.

Went home and googled...I didn't know that they existed.

I remember that story
smile.gif

Oh, and when the owner's one comes in, I'll do a test drive and update with that
smile.gif
He's pretty cool with letting me take his vehicles.

Oh, and when the owner's one comes in, I'll do a test drive and update with that
smile.gif
He's pretty cool with letting me take his vehicles.

This means in 4months~ you will have a Trackhawk Grand Cherokee and a 16' Grand Cherokee SRT
grin.gif
08.gif
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back