Trackhawk Grand Cherokee arrives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Not digging the "look at me" yellow brake calipers, but otherwise wow! 707HP, what a beast.

I think the yellow is to set it apart from the regular SRT? They don't bother me, but I think would look better on a darker coloured vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Dobbie
Never heard of a Track Hawk -- what is so special about it over a SRT Cherokee? What does one of them cost?

It has the 707HP Hellcat engine.

What do these sticker for?

This one was ~130K IIRC. That's Canadian though.

So about $105k US. Too rich for my blood.

Just going by the Jeep site, looks like US MSRP is $85K, so I'd wager the rest is options.

If I take that "base" version and add all the options this one has:

- Trailer tow package
- Leather-wrapped interior package
- High performance audio
- Black satin wheels
- The "summer tires"
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof
- Single disc remote CD Player

We end up at $98,000USD. So it looks like the exchange rate isn't quite enough of a difference, US market is still cheaper.

What's up with the additional purple coolant reservoir? I've seen these at a few car shows and have been curious.

Originally Posted By: CT8
It would make a great winter beater!
Nope. 295 mm width tires act like nice wide sleds on the snow/ice.
This is really a hauler-sports wagon, not meant for winter at all, avoid all slick roads with this thing.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
What's up with the additional purple coolant reservoir? I've seen these at a few car shows and have been curious.

I think that's the separate cooling system for the intercooler/blower system.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
This is really a hauler-sports wagon, not meant for winter at all, avoid all slick roads with this thing.

You put 265's on it and drive it like a boss. That's what I did. The rubber/wheel setup on the Trackhawk is identical to the regular SRT.

Supposed to be $140k plus on road costs in Oz - $105K US.

Competitors
Bentley Bentayga (from $335,000 plus ORCs)
BMW X5 M (from $185,900 plus ORCs)
Range Rover Sport SVR (from $233,500 plus ORCs)

You put 265's on it and drive it like a boss.

Yup. Plus this thing weighs about 5,300 lbs. It should be OK cutting through snow and reaching the ground below for traction.

As per youtube videos, this can easily get up to $100K, out the door. But overall torque and HP are best in class, when comparing with premium European cousins
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yup. Plus this thing weighs about 5,300 lbs. It should be OK cutting through snow and reaching the ground below for traction.
Sounds like it could work. 5500/265=21 and my 2018 Equinox is 3900/225=17. (weight with driver, luggage)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
As per youtube videos, this can easily get up to $100K, out the door. But overall torque and HP are best in class, when comparing with premium European cousins
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Sounds like it could work. 5500/265=21 and my 2018 Equinox is 3900/225=17. (weight with driver, luggage)

It works.

Originally Posted By: Dobbie
Never heard of a Track Hawk -- what is so special about it over a SRT Cherokee? What does one of them cost?

It has the 707HP Hellcat engine.

What do these sticker for?

This one was ~130K IIRC. That's Canadian though.

Now that's pretty neat. Maybe not as fast as the cars, but more useful in many ways. Like the red interior too...

Wonder what it will take to break the US$50k mark

Not crazy about the lower dash, lower door panels and console being red. Otherwise...
20.gif

If you can afford this you can afford a dedicated winter wheel tire package. For anyone driving it in cold snowy weather at least. Saw an AMG 63 today with pilot sport 4 summer rubber on it and had to smh. Middle of snowy season and they run summer only tires.

What a great ride. I would be happy enough with the regular SRT.

Originally Posted By: dareo
If you can afford this you can afford a dedicated winter wheel tire package. For anyone driving it in cold snowy weather at least. Saw an AMG 63 today with pilot sport 4 summer rubber on it and had to smh. Middle of snowy season and they run summer only tires.

What a great ride. I would be happy enough with the regular SRT.

That's what I did with mine: I have 4x repro OEM rims (necessary to clear the brakes) with 265 snows on them.

This one pictured will leave the dealer and go straight in the guy's garage, I doubt it will see any snow. He's flying up from Florida to take it back to the house (probably trailered) and then going back to Florida AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back