Toyota Venza Reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac

Just mention the name TOYOTA and someone gets triggered.

Nah, I told OP what to expect. It is owners of refrigirator on four wheels that got triggered immediately because they got reminded that they own, well, refrigirator on four wheels.

Originally Posted by supton
Originally Posted by edyvw

My AWD Sienna is having torque steer and it ain't gonna go straight if you let go steering wheel. No Toyota is going in strait line even when you develop speed. So please....
I know very well what is torque steer.

None of my 3 Toyota's have torque steer.
21.gif

Invoking that Tundra does not have torque steer makes me think do you actually know what it is?
And 4cyl Toyota's are usually fire breathing engines on par with best 4cyl engines from makes such as Alfa Romeo.

You said "no Toyota". Makes me think either you do not know of RWD and lo po Toyota--or that you exaggerated and cannot be taken seriously.

I was referring to these regular appliances. I know very well what to expect with RWD Toyota (I have LC), not that they are any example of how to make suspension in that category too.

Last edited:
LOL, no I do not have alignment issue.
And yes, Toyota V6 will have excessive torque steer, Camry, Venza, Avalon etc. it does not matter.

I drove the V6 Camry last evening out to our Father's Day dinner, and had several opportunities for spirited acceleration.

Guess what? You're still wrong.

Originally Posted by HangFire
And yes, Toyota V6 will have excessive torque steer, Camry, Venza, Avalon etc. it does not matter.

I drove the V6 Camry last evening out to our Father's Day dinner, and had several opportunities for spirited acceleration.

Spirited acceleration?0-25mph? Staying 20mph below speed limit in left lane like every other Camry driver?
Man, other people drove Camry, it is Camry. It is microwave on wheels. You cannot convince us about it, regardless that you are trying desperately to convince yourself that it is not Camry.

Last edited:

Spirited acceleration?0-25mph? Staying 20mph below speed limit in left lane like every other Camry driver?
Man, other people drove Camry, it is Camry. It is microwave on wheels. You cannot convince us about it, regardless that you are trying desperately to convince yourself that it is not Camry.

The Camry V/6 is faster to 60 than your VW edy, and by a fair margin.
It does have a little torque steer when you stand on it hard at low speeds, but it is NOT excessive. So do ALL other higher powered FWD vehicles. It is the nature of the beast.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wag123

The Camry V/6 is faster to 60 than your VW edy, and by a fair margin.
It does have a little torque steer when you stand on it hard at low speeds, but it is NOT excessive. So do ALL other higher powered FWD vehicles. It is the nature of the beast.

Yeah it is, until first curve. I am not sure since when 0-60 is determinant of how engaging car is or how well it drives? It is pretty peepy vehicle (in manner how it gets to 60mph is thing actually I am talking about). Yet, 99% of Camry's are still clogging left lane, regardless of 0-60 times.
Yes, inherently FWD is of course prone to torque steer. But in the end, you have FWD like Golf GTI, or Honda Civic Type R or whatever, and then you have Toyota Camry and similar vehicles. You cannot make pie out of s... regardless how loud you scream it. I mentioned to the OP to get AWD due to torque steer, and immediately there is pile on by owners of Toyota that are in the end trying to convince themselves that they are driving something else than what they actually do.
On other hand, someone posted how 60k ownership racked up thousands of $ in expenditures, and no one is making anything about that. Same people are immediately absent when someone posts that, or posts how solenoids on 2GR-FE are $4,000 ticket etc. But, if anyone said: oh I just spent $500 on solenoids on BMW, those same people would pile on and say: yep, that is BMW for you, again, in tempt to make themselves feel better about their purchase.

Umm, I agreed with the poster that that much in repairs was "awful" (you even quoted it). I take it that means I'm a no one now? Probably so, as I have two Camry's in my driveway!

The Camry V/6 is faster to 60 than your VW edy, and by a fair margin. [/size]

99% of Camry's are still clogging left lane, regardless of 0-60 times.
Since when did this become the car's fault? One can argue that the car is at fault because of the type of owners/drivers it attracts, but this is not the case either. In Texas, the vast majority of left lane hogs are full-size pickups and SUVs. Regardless, this is not relevant to the topic of this thread, Toyota Venza Reliability. The OP did not ask for advise regarding driving dynamics, or performance, or Camrys that hog the left lane. When it comes to answering his question, the Venza is a VERY reliable vehicle when it is properly maintained and not abused. Furthermore, it is not fussy about it's maintenance like European vehicles are.

On other hand, someone posted how 60k ownership racked up thousands of $ in expenditures, and no one is making anything about that.
That's because anyone who has ever owned a Toyota product for any length of time knows how extraordinarily rare this kind of thing is. I have not spent that kind of money for repairs on all of the Toyota products I have owned, COMBINED. Furthermore, unlike the European vehicles I have owned, none of my Toyotas have EVER broken down and left me stranded.

The Camry V/6 is faster to 60 than your VW edy, and by a fair margin. [/size]

99% of Camry's are still clogging left lane, regardless of 0-60 times.
Since when did this become the car's fault? One can argue that the car is at fault because of the type of owners/drivers it attracts, but this is not the case either. In Texas, the vast majority of left lane hogs are full-size pickups and SUVs. Regardless, this is not relevant to the topic of this thread, Toyota Venza Reliability. The OP did not ask for advise regarding driving dynamics, or performance, or Camrys that hog the left lane. When it comes to answering his question, the Venza is a VERY reliable vehicle when it is properly maintained and not abused. Furthermore, it is not fussy about it's maintenance like European vehicles are.

On other hand, someone posted how 60k ownership racked up thousands of $ in expenditures, and no one is making anything about that.
That's because anyone who has ever owned a Toyota product for any length of time knows how extraordinarily rare this kind of thing is. I have not spent that kind of money for repairs on all of the Toyota products I have owned, COMBINED. Furthermore, unlike the European vehicles I have owned, none of my Toyotas have EVER broken down and left me stranded.

When you take a sentence out to point something, than you could take out another one where I explained that although vehicle is capable of 0-60 that is what happens. Toyota made vehicle for those drivers, with capabilities that match those drivers.
I gave OP my take on this. Once I said to get AWD bcs of torque steer is when everyone piled up as I mentioned something negative about it.
And no it is not rare. Only in these Toyota owners minds, when they buy Toyota thinking they outsmarted everyone else, that Toyota does not have issues. So abysmal reliability of 8 speed transmissions is not actually a problem for Toyota owners. It is Toyota, in alternate univers failing transmissions should happen at 2k or 3k. When Toyota sends you a letter that your transmission will shift rough and have whining noise for the rest of the ownership, Toyota owner is privileged to have that experience. When mirrors move with braking and move back with acceleration, that is additional adrenaline rush, not poor assembly.
Everything that fails on Toyota, regardless that happens on numerous vehicles is a fluke. Everything that failes on ANY other car is "I told you so moment." That is just because allows average Toyota owner for that moment to feel good about that "car."

In Texas the left lane is for passing … if you have trucks in the way you are going faster than me because I both drive trucks and SUV's
... and get tail gated by trucks and SUV's (I drive the speed limit) ...

Originally Posted by KrisZ
Oh, oh, can't say anything negative about Toyota. No sir!

Honestly, claws come out over several makes here - but I think it's much to do with exaggerations this site is famous for - and how people feel like their judgement is on trail.
I should know as the owner of 3 GM vehicles (that I'm pleased with) ...

Originally Posted by KrisZ
Oh, oh, can't say anything negative about Toyota. No sir!

Originally Posted by 4WD
Honestly, claws come out over several makes here - but I think it's much to do with exaggerations this site is famous for - and how people feel like their judgement is on trail.
I should know as the owner of 3 GM vehicles (that I'm pleased with) ...

01.gif

When one person MUST bend all threads into extreme Toyota bashing, one must expect some kind of reaction.

And I must be no one too, as I agreed that was a lot of money for 60k on any car, but my opinion becomes noone once eddy comes along.

It's gotten beyond tiresome, eddy. We all know your extreme buyer's regret on the used Sienna. Time to stop bashing all Toyotas for your one vehicles failings, trade it in and get a life.

When one person MUST bend all threads into extreme Toyota bashing, one must expect some kind of reaction.

And I must be no one too, as I agreed that was a lot of money for 60k on any car, but my opinion becomes noone once eddy comes along.

It's gotten beyond tiresome, eddy. We all know your extreme buyer's regret on the used Sienna. Time to stop bashing all Toyotas for your one vehicles failings, trade it in and get a life.

I sort of understand him though. He bought the Sienna believing he was getting the best minivan in the segment based on all the internet praise and is very disappointed. At least that's my impression.
I remember Overkill's experience with his rental was similar as far a build quality goes. Quite disappointing for such universally praised vehicle.

The opposite happened in my case. I shopped minivans and expected the Grand Caravan to be dreadful, again based on what's commonly repeated on the internet. I was pleasantly surprised that my trim was actually riding very nicely and on par with others.
The interior does not look the best and some of the gaps in the rear are not even, but at least it is all put together well with no bits falling/breaking off or rattling to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back