2025 Toyota Crown Signia

I don't know how I feel about it, I'm still underwhelmed by the '25 Camry

RIP Venza (again 🙄)
I always had a preference for the Toyotas that are really Lexus models but aren't

WOW, I just bought a 2023 VENZA(2021-24) and am surprised that it's going away already.
There are some missed opportunities with the VENZA that may be rectified with the CROWN Signia.
However it still may be the nicest car/suv we've owned and we have owned a nice LEXUS and other nice vehicles.

Last edited:
Honestly don't care what toyota does as long as their mechanical reliability stays great.
The rest is just a matter of price.

IMO the Venza was a confused vehicle. Lacked many features and had many you would not expect in the base model. Had minimal storage in the front seat areas. The powertrain was great. The driving experience, meh. Too many nannies. Mine leaked water from the bottom door seal when driving even in moderate rain. Told me something wasn't right. Glad the Maverick came in when it did.

IMO the Venza was a confused vehicle. Lacked many features and had many you would not expect in the base model. Had minimal storage in the front seat areas. The powertrain was great. The driving experience, meh. Too many nannies. Mine leaked water from the bottom door seal when driving even in moderate rain. Told me something wasn't right. Glad the Maverick came in when it did.
One thing toyota does need to do is streamline its line up. Too much overlap.

Corolla at the top end competes with the prius, the prius is overlapping the camry in price
The whole crossover thing is all within a few thousand of each other, making them redundant.

If only honda didn't butcher its powertrains into oblivion, they have the best separation (although the civic is now the size of a camry, and accord the size of an avalon. No more compacts, and they are all slow).

Honestly don't care what toyota does as long as their mechanical reliability stays great.
The rest is just a matter of price.
I've always felt once that is gone, Toyota has little to offer. Toyota represents reliability to me, first and foremost.

Last edited:
One thing toyota does need to do is streamline its line up. Too much overlap.

Corolla at the top end competes with the prius, the prius is overlapping the camry in price
The whole crossover thing is all within a few thousand of each other, making them redundant.
Price and size are not the only differentiators. Each of those vehicles compete in a different market segment.

Price and size are not the only differentiators. Each of those vehicles compete in a different market segment.
Market segments are an illusion. Please tell me why someone would buy a prius hybrid for 30 grand if you can get a camry hybrid for 30 grand, all options are identical (because they are in fact, identical).

Market segments are an illusion. Please tell me why someone would buy a prius hybrid for 30 grand if you can get a camry hybrid for 30 grand, all options are identical (because they are in fact, identical).
Hatchback vs. Sedan. Niche vs. Mainstream.

Market research has been done to validate the financial rationale behind developing these models. YTD sales of Camry are 218K vs. 28K for Prius.

1700068272340.jpg

Truthfully, I am not even sure why Toyota keeps the Prius around.

IMO the current Venza is a missed opportunity. It shares it's chassis with the Lexus NX, which size-wise is actually smaller inside than the RAV4. It should have been based on the Lexus RX, which slots between the RAV4 and the Highlander size-wise. There is currently a hole in Toyota's SUV lineup. This new Crown Signia looks like what the current Venza should have been and fills that hole. I am not fond of Toyota's name for it though. Why attach the "Crown" name to it? The Crown has always been Toyota's highest-end luxury sedan. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Hatchback vs. Sedan. Niche vs. Mainstream.

Market research has been done to validate the financial rationale behind developing these models. YTD sales of Camry are 218K vs. 28K for Prius.

View attachment 188660

'halo' car for the segment, retaining their position in the segment, retaining customer loyalty pending their next offering...in short market retention. They can afford to keep what is probably a lower margin offering at this point.

'halo' car for the segment, retaining their position in the segment, retaining customer loyalty pending their next offering...in short market retention. They can afford to keep what is probably a lower margin offering at this point.
Valid point - Prius owners have traditionally been one of the most loyal customer bases in the industry. Though, the era of one product subsidizing another - seems to be rapidly ending across the market.

They keep it because it is an icon. Celebrities buy the Prius so they can be seen as "green". They could buy a Corolla instead, but it won't signal the same virtues. And the Corolla isn't a Monopoly-game token.

They keep it because it is an icon. Celebrities buy the Prius so they can be seen as "green". They could buy a Corolla instead, but it won't signal the same virtues. And the Corolla isn't a Monopoly-game token.
Bingo, and what a brilliant marketing exercise the Pruis is. The first gen was a great car and technical showpiece, but it was a generic, appliance looking sedan that could be mistaken for any one of a number of sub compacts. Now enter the second gen with its oh so distinctive appearance that is instantly recognizable and it is a smashing success. Some consumers buy cars to be noticed and, especially in the eco-conscious segment, Toyota really tapped into that. Would never own a Prius, but I truly admire the business moves behind them.

Back