Toyota 90915-10009 cut open 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the factory filter removed from my 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback. Mileage was 2497 but I've owned the car for 6 months now and decided to change it for the first time. In the summer I mainly ride motorcycles so that is the reason it took me 6 months to acquire 2,500 miles.
Filter case.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Base plate
[Linked Image]

Freshly cut with Longacre filter cutter
[Linked Image]

Filter media
[Linked Image]

And core
[Linked Image]

Expected some metal particles but have no idea what the blue dots are
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spring assembly
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Replaced with a Toyota 90915-YZZF2
[Linked Image]

DSC00017.JPG

DSC00018.JPG

Last edited:
Does your hatch call for 0w-16. If so, the F2 may not be the correct filter. My understanding is that 0w-16 cars should be using the -YZZM1.

Here are some pictures of one that I have on my shelf.

F8B01FCB-82AD-48B3-967F-575728E1965A.jpeg

BF19AC27-7844-4B05-BB8F-0B8A086AE5D1.jpeg

C5985F44-BAF5-4C6E-B369-38FDF6EB2DE3.jpeg

1fox. Stunning photography. Nothing like blue sky daylight for good picture taking!

Looks very Denso, but I see they have changed the bypass by moving it to the assembly stack leaf and changing to a
coil sprung poppet valve. design. Then the baseplate inlet is now a long hole design ala motorcraft/pur-o-lator.

I am a rabid Thailand Denso hater due to flow issues leading to excessive valvetrain noise I had with them a decade ago. Still don't know why. I should get over it, but it remains an unresolved but proven issue.

- Ken

On the cross reference I used the the F2 is listed to replace the OE model, the M1 is not listed. Which one is correct? not sure put I put it on the car didn't explode when run. It is 0W-16 recommended and that's what I used
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&sxsrf=ACYBGNTswKv9Ofn_TUiAxsgaMVgXgRMlCQ%3A1568409278377&lei=vgZ8XfjQFsnY-gStnofYBg&q=90915-10009%20cross%20reference&ved=2ahUKEwjIrqbw287kAhXLl54KHZUTAGcQsKwBKAJ6BAgBEAM&biw=1242&bih=568

Also just searched parts.toyota.com and they also list the F2 as the correct filter.

https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota_2...Engine--PARTIAL/69376532/90915YZZF2.html

Originally Posted by 1foxracing
On the cross reference I used the the F2 is listed to replace the OE model, the M1 is not listed. Which one is correct? not sure put I put it on the car didn't explode when run. It is 0W-16 recommended and that's what I used
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&sxsrf=ACYBGNTswKv9Ofn_TUiAxsgaMVgXgRMlCQ%3A1568409278377&lei=vgZ8XfjQFsnY-gStnofYBg&q=90915-10009%20cross%20reference&ved=2ahUKEwjIrqbw287kAhXLl54KHZUTAGcQsKwBKAJ6BAgBEAM&biw=1242&bih=568

Also just searched parts.toyota.com and they also list the F2 as the correct filter.

https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota_2...Engine--PARTIAL/69376532/90915YZZF2.html

You're right. I just spoke with my Toyota parts department. The YZZM1 is being superseded to a F2, so F2 is now the correct filter.

I don't think it really matters, if I came across a deal for a case of M1's I would use those with confidence as well.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Does your hatch call for 0w-16. If so, the F2 may not be the correct filter. My understanding is that 0w-16 cars should be using the -YZZM1.

What is the logic behind a specific filter for such thin oil? It's not like burst pressure should be an issue.

Rockauto shows few options for my '19 prius, which is why I ask.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
1fox. Stunning photography. Nothing like blue sky daylight for good picture taking!

Looks very Denso, but I see they have changed the bypass by moving it to the assembly stack leaf and changing to a
coil sprung poppet valve. design. Then the baseplate inlet is now a long hole design ala motorcraft/pur-o-lator.

I am a rabid Thailand Denso hater due to flow issues leading to excessive valvetrain noise I had with them a decade ago. Still don't know why. I should get over it, but it remains an unresolved but proven issue.

- Ken

Thanks for the photo compliment, I own way to many SLR type cameras now and always look for a excuse to use them now.
The original filter I took off has Denso printed right on it, not sure if the replacement F2 is but it is made in Thailand. I just wanted to use a factory unit while still under warranty and wanted good documentation. The car came with a free 2 year scheduled maintenance but I didn't want some gorilla tech over tightening the drain bolt or filter.
Luckily the Toyota owners website is a good source to record scheduled maintenance for people like myself who choose to work on their own stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back