Toyota 60k service worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything under 100k miles, is usually just fluid and filters change. You can just do it yourself and save some money. Anything beyond 100k miles, would be spark plugs and timing belt if it has one. That maybe more involving for some people.

A dealer is allowed to include (or exclude) anything it wants from its "60 month service". AFAIK, there isn't any official industry or manufacturer standard on what is entailed in that service. The dealer is allowed to charge whatever price the market will support.

A couple of the dealers here have the factory recommended service and right next to it the dealer recommended services which are always a little more since they include a few more services. I'll see if I can post a link.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
Friend called me up asking about the Toyota 60k service. I looked it up and it look like a glorified oil change other than the trans fluid check.

They quoted her $600 for it. Seems kinda steep . Anyone do the 60 k service ? What special did they do?

I went two months ago to get OE transmission filter. Three people could not figure out whether there is transmission filter. Then they wanted to sell transmission flush. I ordered filter on Amazon from some Toyota dealership in NY, after politely telling them no to flush.

Originally Posted by edyvw
Friend called me up asking about the Toyota 60k service. I looked it up and it look like a glorified oil change other than the trans fluid check.

They quoted her $600 for it. Seems kinda steep . Anyone do the 60 k service ? What special did they do?

I went two months ago to get OE transmission filter. Three people could not figure out whether there is transmission filter. Then they wanted to sell transmission flush. I ordered filter on Amazon from some Toyota dealership in NY, after politely telling them no to flush.

This has nothing to do with the discussion. You are just spouting your anti-Toyota bias scat again.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by edyvw

This has nothing to do with the discussion. You are just spouting your anti-Toyota bias scat again.

My point is that it varies from dealership to dealership how competent they are. Toyota dealership in NY that sells parts online did not have an issue finding the part.
I should know better before going to local dealership bcs. they also wanted to sell me Dunlop donut spare for $315, bcs. well it is for Toyota vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back