FLASHPOINT ºF 395

SUS VIS 210ºF 51.5

cSt @ 212ºF 7.73

Fuel
TBN NA

Last edited by a moderator:
looks pretty good.. I'd hesitate to shorten toyota to toyo

as toyo is another brand also.

Nice report but the name Toyo confused me as well.
I think this is the first UOA posted of the new SN GF-5 version of the Toyota 0W-20.
The low moly level through me until I saw your comment that you added a qt of Edge 0W-20 which contains no moly.

Thanks for posting this.

Yes, 1 quart of oil, but I changed the oil filter about 5k into the run. I am sure that the oil lost from the filter change was close to a quart.

I don't know how to change the subject from "Toyo" to Toyota; otherwise, I would.

Reminds me of when I was shopping for tires at the Toyota dealer. The lady said she had some Toyota tires she could put on the car after giving me quotes for other brands. Made me think for a few seconds...

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
I think this is the first UOA posted of the new SN GF-5 version of the Toyota 0W-20. Thanks for posting this.

CATERHAM - I would have had one due in a few weeks if you hadn't talked me out of immediately dumping the Honda dealership's bulk ?W-20 and Blue Fram filter after they accidentally changed it during another service.
wink.gif

This UOA makes me really excited now to get this oil into my Civic. Looks amazing.

My UOA will be about 4-5 months out, but will likely not have any makeup oil to confuse the sample.

This is mainly my wife car. She does drive like a grandma, but I drive the cars on the weekend and whereever else we go. She has a 40 mile commute each way, freeway. I think we'll probably put around 30,000 miles on it this year.

This is the first time that I have ever waited over 9,000 miles to change the oil on a car.

No reason for not doing the TBD, just the $10.00 cost.

The only thing that Blackstone remarked negatively on was that silicon might show dirt.

Looks good. My brother has a 2009 Rav4 and is getting 2 years of free oil changes. I told him to make sure they are putting the 0w20 in it. For some reason I don't think they are. lol

Originally Posted By: buster
Looks good. My brother has a 2009 Rav4 and is getting 2 years of free oil changes. I told him to make sure they are putting the 0w20 in it. For some reason I don't think they are. lol

5w20 conventional is allowed with 5000 mile OCIs. 5w20 is printed on the fill cap along with 0w20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back