Took the Rotella Plunge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The T-6 on sale at AAP and Auto Zone for $19.99 a gallon. The normal price is $24.99. If you want the Shell Rotella Dino and are in the NYC, NJ or PA area...Strauss stores has it on sale for $12.99 in 10W-30 and 15W-40.

Originally Posted By: Wolfpack
NOICE!! I will be hitting O'Reilly Friday then! I think my Dad found it for 17bucks in Indiana somewhere, cause when I spoke to him this week he said he found it at a place cheaper than Walmart. I thought he called the place Meirer?? not sure though. Thanks for the heads up on the sale though!

Meijer. www.meijer.com

Basically a grocery store plus Walmart all in one. Walmart and Target supercenters try to compete with Meijer in the states Meijer operates -- IN, IL, KY, MI, OH.

It is $17.99 a gallon on price drop, regular $18.99. Meijer also runs frequent (every month or two) promotions where you can get 15% off general merchandise when paying with a Meijer credit card. So this past Monday, you could have snagged Rotella T6 for $15.39 a gallon if paying with your Meijer CC.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hpichris
If Shell ever discontinues the T6 and has no replacement, my life would be over. For serious.

You need to get another life.....seriously!

Originally Posted By: mongo161
The T-6 on sale at AAP and Auto Zone for $19.99 a gallon. The normal price is $24.99. If you want the Shell Rotella Dino and are in the NYC, NJ or PA area...Strauss stores has it on sale for $12.99 in 10W-30 and 15W-40.

Yes, this price is correct. I'd go with buying at Wal-Mart at this point for T5(silver bottle syn blend). Perhaps the T6 at AAP with the $19.99 deal.

A good buddy of mine picked some up at AAP yesterday for 19.99, which is not bad at all, but I would rather get it for 17.99 ;-)

I'm just ticked at myself for missing the 15% off sale when using Meijer credit card...$15.29 for a gallon of Rotella T6 synth 5w40 is pretty [censored] good.

Thats good that placebos have some affect then... I still wonder why people chime in with nothing to add?? other than I am going to say something that may slightly offend this guy but he NEEDs to know that what he feels is not right... If an engine is making a gaggle of noise (not that mine was) and after doing something to it or changing something it sounded better, would that not be a good way to describe it? Or would you prefer I look up the proper vernacular, before posting? I will just pm you anything I want to say and you can tell me whether its worth anyone time. Thanks.....

You need to get another life.....seriously!(Quote)

Another wonderful reply from someone who has yet to offer anything useful to the thread??? Find another thread to lurk in troll...

Last edited:
While you certainly have the right to post your experiences, I have to admit that what you're describing can also be observed just by putting in fresh oil, even if it's the exact same brand/type as the one you just drained... engines just seem to operate better/smoother/quieter on fresh oil compared to used oil, or at least that's what many of us perceive.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
While you certainly have the right to post your experiences, I have to admit that what you're describing can also be observed just by putting in fresh oil, even if it's the exact same brand/type as the one you just drained... engines just seem to operate better/smoother/quieter on fresh oil compared to used oil, or at least that's what many of us perceive.

Understandable, but I ahve changed the oil many times and not had the engine feel as solid as it does at this time, I also have over a thousand on the oil now and it is still feeling just as good, but I will stick to only posting blackstone results that way I cannot misinterpret anything.

Please don't treat my post as an attack. While I do find these kind of posts humorous at times, I myself have similar feelings sometimes, and after all, it's an oil forum where we all become emotional about our vehicles and the maintenance that we provide them with. Subjective experiences don't tell the whole story, but neither do UOAs. You have the right to post your experiences, even if some people will ridicule them... oh well... welcome to the Internet, I guess.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Please don't treat my post as an attack. While I do find these kind of posts humorous at times, I myself have similar feelings sometimes, and after all, it's an oil forum where we all become emotional about our vehicles and the maintenance that we provide them with. Subjective experiences don't tell the whole story, but neither do UOAs. You have the right to post your experiences, even if some people will ridicule them... oh well... welcome to the Internet, I guess.
smile.gif

Looks like a few others felt that your original post was humorous.... and adding fresh oil provides a placebo effect.

Just as you have your opinions on your experiences....others can comment (even humorously) on how they feel about it. Don't take it to seriously....thats what make this forum so much fun...as well as informative. Chill out...and enjoy all the various comments.

Last edited:
Noted, I will chillax. It is all good, and I appreciate the input from all, I just explain things like that sometimes. I will try to explicate things better in the future. I will also be taking a sample of the T6 to see how it comepares to the sample of RP when its time to change. Thanks again for all the posts and sorry for taking it too hard. this is a great forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back