Titanic tourist sub missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You couldn't pay me enough to board this thing, let alone for four days, with another five people locked in there with me. Unless they have some kind of beacon on board, the chances of finding them are slim. More than likely there is some kind of mechanical failure involved that got them stuck deep in the ocean. I hope for the best though.

1687198939944.jpg

No but they have the only equipment for deep sea rescue.
I figure as such but unless this company was able to reimburse US taxpayers for the cost of rescuing people from some object out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean servicing, a handful of ultra wealthy people from around the world nowhere near the US coast. Well all I say is, those are the risks people take.

It's humors, because that's the truth. No one cares. And realistically, it wouldn't matter if we cared or not, because at the end of the day, we can't do anything to help, other than sending thoughts and prayers out. I'm not being dark, just realistic. Sorry if it rubbed you, or anyone else, the wrong way. It wasn't my intention.
I actually agree with most of what you wrote.

There are people, their kids, their parents, their spouses, etc. If they don't care, at all, I would surprised. So to say no one, you are technically incorrect. And you have insufficient information to even know if one of those people was a BITOG member if you meant no one HERE cares.
But yeah, they dead.

Regrettable, but I hope no one is injured or killed in the recovery of this submarine. This type of adventure is very high risk with a very high price of admission. These people knew they weren't getting any guarantees. Same as skydiving, rock climbing, spelunking.

One of the passengers was on Blue Origin flight last year...

One of the passengers was on Blue Origin flight last year...
Since they charge $250,000 for the visit (which takes about eight hours, by the way, not four days) the clientele will be somewhat limited. Not surprised there is a billionaire on this trip.

Everyone who is not a sociopath cares. Peoples lives are at stake.
I must clarify that my previous statement didn't convey indifference. In order to foster a better conversation, I would recommend:
  1. Avoid forming premature judgements, given that we're not acquainted personally.
  2. Abstain from resorting to name-calling, as it doesn't contribute to the discussion.
  3. Let's maintain a civil discourse and shun personal attacks.
  4. It would be helpful if we exhibit sincerity in our responses. Some comments, regrettably, do not reflect genuine concern.
  5. Statements such as, "It's regrettable, but the US taxpayer shouldn't foot the bill..." may appear to mask insincerity with concern. We should strive for consistency in our standpoints.
  6. Refrain from assuming a moral high ground; none of us are infallible.
With these guidelines in mind, let's proceed with a decisive and respectful dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back