Kraft being sued for $5M because instructions don't include opening the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in America. Amanda Ramirez of Florida is suing Kraft because their 3 1/2 minute prep time on the box does not include the time required to open the box, cut open the pouch, and add water.

It takes a misguided, perverted, and corrupt legal system to permit this kind of thing.

Scott

When you read the lawsuit, it doesn't really make sense, and they actually undermine themselves inside the filed paperwork. It seems like a project by a 3-rd year law student.

But...
There is something called "false advertising". It all depends on what you understand is "ready in 5 minutes". Is it the "meal", or is it just the pasta part of it?

What do they BITOGers understand it is?

Some attorneys must be getting very hungry. What this kind of lawsuit indicates is that there are WAY too many of them!

Only in America. Amanda Ramirez of Florida is suing Kraft because their 3 1/2 minute prep time on the box does not include the time required to open the box, cut open the pouch, and add water.

It takes a misguided, perverted, and corrupt legal system to permit this kind of thing.

Scott

Being able to sue in a case like this isn't an indication of corruption. Allowing the case to proceed rather than be dismissed is. Legal system would be different in a loser pays scenario.

Some attorneys must be getting very hungry. What this kind of lawsuit indicates is that there are WAY too many of them!

And sadly legitimate problems that should get litigated are ignored.

Our country loves violating and not following equal protection laws but rarely does anybody get litigated on it.

That is the problem with the best court’s money can buy

I just had a thought. Why doesn’t Mandy sue the maker of her oven for having improper temperature output 🤣

Someone once said that America will become a litigated economy. Where the only form of significant income is through the courts. I guess she wants to bring that about.
You have to thank the hot McDonald's coffee lawsuit for making it mainstream.

But... the Subway footlong not quite footlong (11-inches) lawsuit getting thrown out gives hope

My wife works for a personal injury law firm and answers the phone now and then when the receptionist is busy. They get a few calls with frivolous stuff like occasionally. She told a couple people that they were wasting their and her time with these silly ideas, but they called back and complained that she was rude and now she has to refer the calls to an attorney. She hears the attorney on the phone with them the brushoff. "I understand your concerns but the possibility of a positive outcome from litigation is unlikely. It's not a case that I would feel comfortable taking on at this time, but another attorney might feel differently. Feel free to call other firms. Good luck."

That was legitimate. The woman actually had pretty severe injury to her... lady garden.
Legitimate? She did it to herself.

The injury occurred in that area because she chose to place a cup of scalding hot coffee there, and then drive away!

If she dumped it in her eye, you wouldn’t say that injury was legitimate, would you? How does one safely drive whilst holding a cup in between their legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back