RIP Robbie Robertson

I love The Band and some of the lyrics penned by Levon Helm and Robbie Robertson. Overall my favorite is "The Weight," and it always evokes great personal memories of the late 60's.
I took great amusement and pleasure in seeing a drummer do lead vocals as well. I wore out the greatest hits on vinyl in the late 80s as I had a Sears record player, not an actual turntable..

Waaaay back in the early 90s, I was in a bar when they were having quiz night and I won $50 because I knew he was a member of The Band.
The classic rockers are all getting old and dying off.

He had a huge impact on the music scene during a time when it was changing quickly.

On a side note, his impact has been felt in places not expected. Check this out and see what is wrong here.

RIP to the great Robbie Robertson, pictured with Dr. John and Bobby Charles in The Band's immortal film The Last Waltz. pic.twitter.com/NpTghrCFK4
— Dr. John 🎩 (@akadrjohn) August 9, 2023

I always hate hearing about people passing on, but I was never a fan of the Bland. I call them that because that's what I always thought about their music...

He had a huge impact on the music scene during a time when it was changing quickly.

On a side note, his impact has been felt in places not expected. Check this out and see what is wrong here.
So what’s wrong?

Dr John died several years ago. I think AI is to blame for this or lazy journalism

I guess the issue is how do you properly cite a "tweet" from the social media account? I didn't think anything of the post since many deceased musicians seem to have active social media accounts. There is plenty of lazy journalism though.

I guess the issue is how do you properly cite a "tweet" from the social media account? I didn't think anything of the post since many deceased musicians seem to have active social media accounts. There is plenty of lazy journalism though.
I don’t think it’s a mistake. Jerry Garcia passed away 8/9/95, yet he has a twitter account and tweets. Nobody thinks it’s Jerry. But it’s someone who has the right to represent him.

Will be listening to THE BAND 3 CD Box Set " Across the Great Divide " starting tonight on the PIONEER DV-C505 5 disc DVD/CD player . Also have " The Last Waltz " on CD .

Watched " The Last Waltz " last night . Never tire of it .
It makes me feel as if there were a time when people could simply go and see a concert, that is to get tix and afford to, even as a kid. I think I’m old enough to have witnessed the “sold out” effect where even mail order and camping out = empty handed.

2022 someone asked me what’s the cheapest you can remember for as far as what you paid to park at a show? I said I think $10. Imho $40-$50 is made up by promoters. As are the $300-$1000 tickets.

It makes me feel as if there were a time when people could simply go and see a concert, that is to get tix and afford to, even as a kid. I think I’m old enough to have witnessed the “sold out” effect where even mail order and camping out = empty handed.

2022 someone asked me what’s the cheapest you can remember for as far as what you paid to park at a show? I said I think $10. Imho $40-$50 is made up by promoters. As are the $300-$1000 tickets.
IMO Live Nation Entertainment (Ticketmaster) has ruined the live concert experience.
I used to go to live concerts regularly, not anymore. Many concerts that I would like to see I won't go to because the ticket prices have become exorbitantly expensive, then the additional bogus fees just add insult to injury.

Back