Tires with different dates and country of origin

I suspect even the best company will have differences between factories when making supposedly exactly the same product.
Regardless of end product.

Krzyś

Just so everyone knows:

Every tire plant is different. That's because there are differences in machinery as well as differences in climate. The rubber compounds have to be adjusted accordingly.

The way they minimize those differences is by testing the characteristics of the rubber and the finished tire. As a general rule, those plant to plant differences are small and nothing to worry about. But occasionally there's enough of a difference to be noticeable.

My recently purchased Continental Tires were supposed to be from the US or Ecuador, all four were made in Mexico.

I just got 4 Conti’s this month and 2 were fmfg in Ecuador 2023 and the other 2 were from Russia molded in 2021 all delivered together. A little concerned but all balanced with nothing odd and the highest of 2oz on one rim side. No vibrations so guess I’m ok.

I just got 4 Conti’s this month and 2 were fmfg in Ecuador 2023 and the other 2 were from Russia molded in 2021 all delivered together. A little concerned but all balanced with nothing odd and the highest of 2oz on one rim side. No vibrations so guess I’m ok.
I’m sorry but tires going on 3 years old should be about a 33% discount off MSRP.

I would never pay full price for a tire over a year old.

The $25 Walmart tires I just bought were 2022’s

I’m sorry but tires going on 3 years old should be about a 33% discount off MSRP.

I would never pay full price for a tire over a year old.

The $25 Walmart tires I just bought were 2022’s
I agree this topic comes up often and the consensus is usually 50/50 from every researched post, article, advice, statement with “warehouse controlled environment and you’re fine” to “no way, I paid money for fresh matching set inventory“. Not as much as the fault of the tire mfg but more so poor inventory control mgmt of whoever vendor you go with. Not that I ever needed a puncture repair but Discount Tire will not service a tire older than 10yrs old using the sidewall DOT. By accepting these tires, I have basically forgo the 3 years out of 10 that I may need this low percentage repair in future. I’m actually curious if anyone has ever returned unmounted tires back to online store from customer dissatisfaction with minimal cost free hassle.

I'm three years in on a set of winter tires from Discount Tire. They were different dates and two are starting to leak air though micro cracks in the tread. :(

Back