Tires: where do you folks buy them?

My experience sadly is that the sky is the limit on price but that price rarely translates to better service unless you get some other service like alignment due to the overcharge.

Only one “expensive “ place around here is worth the price if you need your car examined with a fine tooth comb, if you know your alignment and rims are garbage you go there in the hopes they find the source and are willing to fix. Scheirl Tire

Simpletire.com is usually the cheapest. I order mine online then pay tires plus 89 to mount and balance. My latest purchase was
4 Hankook kenergy PT H737 109T XL tires with a 90,000 mile tread wear warranty for my conversion van 235-75-15 $376 bucks for all 4 so 450iish mounted and balanced. Every local shop I went to started at 800 plus for a set of 4 tires I’ve never heard of. I choose these particular touring/highway tires because they claimed some type of fuel efficiency which shouldn’t have mattered being my van always gets about the same mileage per tank no matter what you do.
Also bought 4 31x10.50x15 milestar pategonia MT for my 1990 Toyota pickup this summer they were 425 bucks.

Even though they aren’t the cheapest
Fleet Farm / Farm Fleet has always gone above and beyond.

Not sure they exist in your area but they are my current go to when I have a bad rim, leak or need a valvestem

They aren’t my first choice for a simple mount but are much more reasonable than some of the Cadillac places

Costco when Michelin is on sale. Else, I’ll drive 20 miles to the nearest America’s Tire. There’s only a Big O, Firestone and a independent Goodyear dealer here - I’ll go to Firestone or Big for alignments and that’s it.

America’s Tire.

Price match anyone and they are exceedingly polite and efficient.

Costco. They have the brand and model I like, a few times a year they go on sale and so the price can't be beat, the store is conveniently located, and I can purchase using my Costco Visa which gives me a reasonable cash-back.

Walmart Marketplace has been my go-to for the last 4 sets of tires I've bought. They almost always come from a 3rd party such as Discount Tire or NTB. I haven't found anybody else that beat the price at the time of purchase.

I've purchased most of my(online tires) from TR & DTD. However, I have purchased from TreadDepot when they were in business. And TireEasy as well. However, I will buy locally if the price is the same/similar.

Local mom n pop shop. I've used Costco before, & the Firestone near my parents house was where I could go without the "those aren't going to fit" argument on my fox body & the manager would order in tires matching others prices if you didn't mind waiting a day or 2.

Back