Tires: where do you folks buy them?

Me personally I use either Parson tire in Hookstown PA or Flynn’s near my work. In fact; I sold the Hankooks to my brother that picked up a newer Camry and got 4 BF GOODRICH tires yesterday for $340 out the door; delivered to my work. Will install them tomorrow. Parsons and Flynn’s are this good cause they buy TONS of tires every other day. Plus my work is a HUGE account for both places. Where do you folks buy your tires?

Used to use Discount Tire, but it seems they've lost control over their inventory systems, so I've stopped wasting my time ordering from them, to find out days later that they don't really have the tires I just ordered. Ordered a set from WalMart, better price, and they showed up when expected. I then had Firestone install them. I don't know if $44 is their normal mount/balance rate, but that's what they charged me, which is about half of what Discount charges.

Discount Tire, Tire Rack, and Tire Buyer was where I got last set. Don't recall about the first two but Tire Buyer has it set up so at checkout you can pick a local installer seeing their rates, and have the tires shipped direct to them as a single click part of the buying process.

all the tire places in my town have very little selection, I generally order. tire rack, walmart, sam's club, etc.

I'm not loyal. Depends on where I can get the best deal at the time. Even had to buy a pair of used tires very early on during COVID when a lot of the stores were shut down.

A local father and son tire shop which I’m on a first name basis with. They can get and mount tires for anything from a farm tractor to a riding mower and are happy to do so. They’re typically a little higher (5% or so) than the National chains which I’m OK with plus they’re local, but if I need a tire plugged at closing time I know they will go the extra mile!

Just bought 8 tires last month.
Ended up buying tires for the Accord from Costco.
Bought tires for the Ranger from Discount Tire Direct, and having them installed at the store.
The DTD experience, both at the store and online was a nightmare (and I say that having bought many tires from them over the years.) However, they did have the best selection in what has become somewhat of an odd ball size to find.
My new favorite is Costco.

I used to use Discount Tires for a long time. Never again. I bought tires for my son's car just before he headed to college. I live two miles from the store. Upon inspection the tires were used. They must have been tires that someone didn't like and returned them. When I say used, it was obvious. We didn't have time to take them back as he was headed off to college. Sure the tires were 95% new but I paid for 100% new tires. My mistake was I ordered them weeks in advance from the store's website. They had time to "fill" my order. Never again Discount Tires!

Me personally I use either Parson tire in Hookstown PA or Flynn’s near my work. In fact; I sold the Hankooks to my brother that picked up a newer Camry and got 4 BF GOODRICH tires yesterday for $340 out the door; delivered to my work. Will install them tomorrow. Parsons and Flynn’s are this good cause they buy TONS of tires every other day. Plus my work is a HUGE account for both places. Where do you folks buy your tires?
Discount tire. Only way to fly. Lotsa locations nationwide free rotation and free air.

Back