tire shops getting strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll tell you tires need to be replaced, then the next time you drive by they have them on the used tire rack

I'm using Walmart for my tires. I bring just the rim in, never the vehicle.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
They'll tell you tires need to be replaced, then the next time you drive by they have them on the used tire rack

I'm using Walmart for my tires. I bring just the rim in, never the vehicle.

lol yeah i told them to load the 3 in my truck so i can sell them.

If you changes all four tires to different ones, then you should have three decent "fancy street tires" to sell on craigslist (or the CA equivilent)

That should recoup some of that money.

If they took your tires and charged you a "disposal fee". then.... someone at the tire shop has a good day. They will sell your three old tires for profit.

Sorry but sometimes education is expensive up front but cheap when amortized over a lifetime.

i sold 2 of them to a guy.
his tire shop changed over his winter tires then refused to install 2 of his summers for being too worn. i didnt see the tires so it could have been legit.

Originally Posted By: MrTruckDriver

i have a manual tire changer and a bubble balancer. the tire changer is a bit hard on rims.

You can throw an old floor mat over the bottom "spikey thing" that catches the rim when you bust beads, and put a layer or three of cloth under the spider up top when you cinch that down. Real nerds duct tape some old plastic milk bottle around the spoons/ irons.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws

$1000 canukistan. Thats like 500 usd.

the exchange isn't quite that extreme.. the actual conversion as of now is $1 CAD = $0.77 USD, so $1000 CAD = $771.10 USD

roughly the same as going from USD to GBP. Currently $1 USD = £0.75 GBP

and just for the fun of it, $1 CAD = £0.58 GBP

Last edited:
I think the people saying ripped off and scammed are out of touch with reality.

Good AT truck tires installed for under 800USD isnt bad.

Also the prices in Canada are higher too + higher taxes.. not just the exchange rate.

The DT price for Continental AT tires is $157 in 225/60r17 which is tiny for truck tires.

That comes out to about $750 out the door...before any deals.

So to the OP what tires were they..

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws

$1000 canukistan. Thats like 500 usd.

the exchange isn't quite that extreme.. the actual conversion as of now is $1 CAD = $0.77 USD, so $1000 CAD = $771.10 USD

roughly the same as going from USD to GBP. Currently $1 USD = £0.75 GBP

and just for the fun of it, $1 CAD = £0.58 GBP

I was being facetious to illustrate the point that what he paid isnt really out of bounds once you realize its CAD.

they are maxxis at771 p265 70 17. well on the cheap side as i am learning. they were 198.00 each and a different shop sells toyo at2s for 250.00 each. i dont mind paying 250 for a tire. thing is i asked my shop if the maxxis are good tires and they said yes. i didnt ask on a site like this first tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back