tire date codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Corollaman
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11

Google is your friend

Really? Great response. It's a five digit date code, not the normal four digit date code that is on tire rack. Before you show your vast knowledge why don't you read the question?

Cause I don't have time...

The tires were made in 2014, does anything else really matter?

Last edited:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11

Google is your friend

Really? Great response. It's a five digit date code, not the normal four digit date code that is on tire rack. Before you show your vast knowledge why don't you read the question?

Cause I don't have time

Thanks for the help...you own some nice cars! . . .

Last edited:
DMA13014

DMA13114

Usually it is four letters then a four number code, for some reason it is 3 letters followed by five numbers, it is right after the "DOT" and it is circled like on other tires.

The 4 number DOT could be on the inside of the tire. Not all Tires have the numbers on both sides.

the last 2 are the year the 2 before that are the week.

the first 1 means nothing (with relation to the date)

30th and 31st weeks

Last edited:
DMA13014

DMA13114

I'm used to four numbers for the date code, these are pretty new tires.

Everything you wanted to know about DOT codes on tires:

Barry's Tire Tech - DOT Codes

There is something wrong with the digits. There aren't enough of them - like 4 short. Is it possible there is a gap between digit number 4 and digit number 5?

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
CAUTION: That's only true if Dunlop is following the RMA coding system, and they don't have to. They can use any system they want as long as there is one.

Right; that's why I used a question mark after the tire size...as if to ask the OP if this is indeed the size he's got. I could have been clearer, though, regarding the tire size code not necessarily following an industry standard.

Maybe they went to Julian date-as in the 130th and 131st days of 2014? lots of that used in the past in manufacturing

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
CAUTION: That's only true if Dunlop is following the RMA coding system, and they don't have to. They can use any system they want as long as there is one.

Right; that's why I used a question mark after the tire size...as if to ask the OP if this is indeed the size he's got. I could have been clearer, though, regarding the tire size code not necessarily following an industry standard.

The tire is an "Aspen" made by sumito rubber, size P205-55-16.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
My bet is Corollaman's tires have the date code mounted inboard.

X2. I had this issue trying to find the date codes on oem 4runner tires. Contacted bridgestone and the date code ended up being on the inboard sidewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back