Time for a new DA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using a Porter Cable DA for the last 5 years and it has been good to me. I usually shop at Auto detailing solutions as they are local to me. I'm going to jump up to the Flex this time and was wondering if anyone knows the best place to get them.

Autogeek is the lowest so far
ADS is local to me and i buy all of my detailing stuff from them now.
Griots has a DA but I don't believe it's a Flex.

What do you guys think? what and Where from?

TIA

I've made my favorable thoughts on the Flex well known here and it's the only one I'd consider. I'd think you'ld need the machine only (no pads).Google is your best friend to find the best deal on machine only and shipping. Free shipping could make a huge difference.

I have been using lake Country Pads and am extremely happy with them compared to the mequires pads I used to get. I do need some Blue pads though so I will likely order 6 at the same time

I had found the basic price for the Flex at various detailing sites is fairly consistent ($299). Some will toss in a few goodies. Then you see what you get after you apply any discounts or free shipping options. Shipping costs can be a big swinger.
AG claims they will match any price but I think other places will do the same if you ask.

Some bundles has stuff you really do not need such as pad conditioners, etc.

If you want to stick with a true DA, get a G110v2.

If you want to get a Flex 3401 from ADS, get their six-pad package for $309.

Otherwise, autogeek has a decent deal for $329 that gives you a bag. So does properautocare.

Quote:
If you want to stick with a true DA, get a G110v2

Technically the only TRUE dual action polisher is the Flex since it has forced rotation along with the orbital movement.
The others are just jitterbugs and the rotation can be easily shut down with a little pressure, not so with the Flex. I speak from actual usage with the exception of the Meguiar's product but it is NOT forced rotation.

I received an email from Autogeek today offering 15% off and free shipping. Code was FEB15.

Mentioned some exceptions, but nut sure what they were.

Thank fellas, I did go to ADS yesterday and picked up my new flex and 6 lake country pads.

I'm thinking 3 and 5 will be the best speeds. What products and speeds are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back