Time change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone once pointed out it was like cutting a foot from the top of your blanket, and sewing it to the bottom of the blanket, to keep your feet warmer.

Mentioned above:
"...it's like cutting a foot from the top of your blanket, and sewing it to the bottom of the blanket, to keep your feet warmer."

Good enough for me!

SERIOUSLY: Find out WHY Ben Franklin's idea was ADOPTED during WW1 for insights. Knowledge will displace bitterness.

....unless you prefer bitterness

Originally Posted By: Kira

SERIOUSLY: Find out WHY Ben Franklin's idea was ADOPTED during WW1 for insights. Knowledge will displace bitterness.

....unless you prefer bitterness

Heavy taxation was "temporarily" adopted to win WW1 and it's still around as well.
33.gif

Part child safety, part farmer driven, and part energy efficiency. I agree we should be on "daylight" time all the time.

I was talking to my cat last night and he said he didn't understand the time change either.

I would vote for DST 12 months a year. Much prefer it over the winter time. DST was reinstated in January of 1974 for the oil crisis in the hopes of saving energy. Seemed to work well. Yes, the sun came up later but we got an extra our of daylight in the evening rather than the sun going down around 5:00pm.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
We don't have daylight savings time here
grin2.gif

Just don't make it seem like a good thing or more people will want to move here
mad.gif

The time should be adjusted to make maximum use of daylight for the bulk of the population. It could be light out from 5:45am until 10:40pm during the summer here. I'd like it.

Stuck out into Atlantic, it gets late early around here. There has been discussion about seceding from EST and going on Atlantic time
grin2.gif

Doesn’t matter here in the PNW. Go to work in the dark and get off in the dark. Kids ride buses now so it’s not like the old days when we walked.

If the politicians don't change it then it must be good for us. Our politicians are here to take care of us and we should always trust them to have our best interests at heart. We should be thankful that they don't tax us on the time change because they have to sometimes change their "T" times so that they can get in a complete round of golf. We already pay for their club dues and lunch dates so it would only stand to reason that we should pay them for the time change inconvenience. We are so lucky to have such good politicians that know how to spend our money and take care of such important administrative duties like the time change. It must be really taxing for them to have to figure out how to subtract or add one to the current time and get the correct result. This is another example that proves we have the best politicians that money can buy.

Originally Posted By: pkunk
I lost about 2hrs of my day resetting clocks. I hate the time change twice a year.
Why do you have so many clocks? I could reset every clock in my house and all the cars within 5 minutes.

I think it should be DST all year. The sun went down at 4:50 PM here today. I think that sucks. I'm not a morning person anyway, so I couldn't care less about daylight in the morning, I'm not thrilled about being up early whether or not there is light, I just want the light at the end of the day.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: pkunk
I lost about 2hrs of my day resetting clocks. I hate the time change twice a year.
Why do you have so many clocks? I could reset every clock in my house and all the cars within 5 minutes.

I happen to like & collect clocks. Real clocks cannot be set back, but must be moved forward 11 hours, stopping at every 1/4 hr for the chime or they become 'out of time'. To re-time a clock so that the hands & chimes work together is very time consuming.
Thanks for reminding me to do all 4 of my vehicles. The Mini Cooper might take 15 min if I can remember how to get inside the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back