Thinking about Next Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with OP, the taurus is a great option and usually overlooked. This drives used prices down but since it's an older platform, I'd see that as having all the kinks worked out of it
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: addyguy

I just think this obsession these days that people have about ditching cars too soon is ridiculous. I work in an affluent area of my city, and if I had a dollar for everyone who told me their 4-6 year old car was 'junk' that they have to get rid of, I'd be able to quit working!

That's primarily what's fueling the auto industry. Also, less people are interested in owning something past 3-4 years vs. the 20-30 years ago when people held onto their vehicles as long as possible.

This is, to me, is another reason why cars are being made with cheaper quality materials.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Added bonus is since the cops use them people get out of your way.

Not really. Have you ever ridden in an ex-cop crown vic? A college buddy had one and it was terrible. Everyone slows down to below the speed limit in front of you. The highway was better, but not always. He actually grew to hate that part of owning the car.

I will say it handled better than I expected it to, being a CVPI. It was also dirt cheap from an auction.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

Not really. Have you ever ridden in an ex-cop crown vic? A college buddy had one and it was terrible. Everyone slows down to below the speed limit in front of you. The highway was better, but not always. He actually grew to hate that part of owning the car.

No, that's what I've heard though. I do drive a Taurus but it's candy red so nobody mistakes that for a cop car.

No, that's what I've heard though. I do drive a Taurus but it's candy red so nobody mistakes that for a cop car.

I see a TON of gray Tauruses and Explorers around here, and think it is a cop every time.
lol.gif

I've owned 3 Crown Vics (black, grey, blue) over a 15 year period and I always got mistaken for cop cars while cruising on I-95 at 70-80 mph. A lot of people got out of the way and let me go on by. Easy Peasy. The reciprocal of that was bad though. I was hyper-sensitive to other Crown Vics and would slow down to 65-70 anytime once of those got too close to me. One day I was coming up on a yellow Crown Vic and figured it for a Taxi. As soon as I got near its side doing 75 mph it put on its flashing lights! Huh? I nearly flipped out in anxiety...and slowed down. The darn thing just cruised on by. I think it did have Taxi emblems on it too. After catching my breath I figured out that I was scammed. I wonder if the light package was legal?

What about Jeep Wranglers??

I used to dismiss them as impractical, poorly made Chrysler junk and only being driven by dooshbags. Tonight my buddy let me drive his 2006 Wrangler Sport and I must say what FUN and awesome vehicle! He said 2006 was the last year they were made with the legendary 4.0 I6. That engine is a little torque monster! The Jeep looks extremely simple and easy to work on. A Wrangler is definitely going on my shopping list when it comes time to buy my next ride. Any family guys use them?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: maximus
What about Jeep Wranglers??

I used to dismiss them as impractical, poorly made Chrysler junk and only being driven by dooshbags. Tonight my buddy let me drive his 2006 Wrangler Sport and I must say what FUN and awesome vehicle! He said 2006 was the last year they were made with the legendary 4.0 I6. That engine is a little torque monster! The Jeep looks extremely simple and easy to work on. A Wrangler is definitely going on my shopping list when it comes time to buy my next ride. Any family guys use them?

TJ Wranglers (97-06) are certainly fun vehicles with the 4.0L and a manual trans. The JK Wranglers are much bigger. While more practical, the V6 just isn't the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back