Thinking about Next Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also recommend the 300, they are great cars and quite reliable. The 3.6L V6 is more than adequate to move it around, however the 5.7L will make it really scoot. The 8spd is a fantastic transmission as well and the cars ride very well, making them great for long trips.

Fusions are good and price used Camrys, you might be pleasantly surprised. Since the price of gas dropped and the gas pedal fiasco they're giving them away now. The 4 cyl 02-11 chassis is a winner.

Thanks for replies! I've considered the Ford sedans, too.

I'm going to research the LaCross and 300 further.

Originally Posted By: miden851
Mazda6i is your first choice, especially 09-13 model right now

Second, Fusion

I had a Mazda3 before the Sonata. It was excellent. Japanese makes are probably going to be more spendy.

Personally, if I were in the market for a sedan, I'd be considering something new.
Both Camrys and Fusions can be picked up at real bargain prices and cheap or free financing should be available to anyone with decent credit.
Either would be a nice car although the Camry probably has the edge in durability/reliability while the Fusion is the better car to drive.
A real advantage of buying new is that you know what you're getting while that is never the case with any used car.
You also get to use a new car for the best 120K or so of its life, needing only fluid changes, a set of brakes and a set of tires.

Would much prefer a V6 LaCross to an unreliable Chrysler product or an expensive to work on Mercedes.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/cars-with-the-fastest-depreciation

Looking for cars that depreciate unusually fast may have some value. As if one chooses correctly, one can save a boatload of money.

This is the funniest list of the cars one would consider

There is a reason behind why these depreciate so fast - the cost of maintenance
cry.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Personally, if I were in the market for a sedan, I'd be considering something new.
Both Camrys and Fusions can be picked up at real bargain prices and cheap or free financing should be available to anyone with decent credit.
Either would be a nice car although the Camry probably has the edge in durability/reliability while the Fusion is the better car to drive.
A real advantage of buying new is that you know what you're getting while that is never the case with any used car.
You also get to use a new car for the best 120K or so of its life, needing only fluid changes, a set of brakes and a set of tires.

Used car prices have dropped so much recently, especially sedans that it makes sense to give used a good look. A couple years ago I would have agreed with you.

Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
If you can find a V6, an Avenger is practically given away.

Yeah, there's a reason for that...

It might not be your Uncle's red Barchetta, but it's still a good car.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
LaCrosse is an excellent choice too. I didn't know they made a turbo. The 3.6 is very nice.

I stand corrected; it was the Regal I was thinking of. I was a passenger in a 2017 LaCrosse and that thing is extremely quick.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Yeah, there's a reason for that...

It might not be your Uncle's red Barchetta, but it's still a good car.

A gleaming fleet Avenger from a better (happily?) vanished time...
Seriously, we have a couple of four cylinder '14 Avengers in the fleet at work and while I'd rather drive one of the Fusions or even one of the Caravans on a trip, they are decent cars that are approaching 100K with no particular problems.
You can also buy these used very cheaply.
It's all a matter of what one can afford as well as what he is willing to spend.
For a daily driver/commuter, and Avenger would be okay if unexciting.
Bear in mind too that any used car is only as good as the maintenance and attention the previous owner gave it without regard to the badge on the grill.

The 4 was very unimpressive...the old 4-speed automatic did it no favors. The V6 and 6-speed turned it into a rocket...and got the same gas mileage.

I bought the Sonata new. It's been somewhat of a disappointment. I absolutely hate writing a big check every month and I can't afford to pay cash all up front.

I wasn't considering a Benz or any German car. A Jetta would be too small. A diesel Passat is intriguing, but VW has some issues to work out.

My Dad had has an oil burner 07 Camry with a new engine. I don't believe Toyotas are the indestructible tanks they once were.

Yeah, there's an IRRATIONAL reason for that...

Fixed it, thanks.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

Seriously, we have a couple of four cylinder '14 Avengers in the fleet at work ... they are decent cars that are approaching 100K with no particular problems.
You can also buy these used very cheaply.
It's all a matter of what one can afford as well as what he is willing to spend.
For a daily driver/commuter, and Avenger would be okay if unexciting.
Bear in mind too that any used car is only as good as the maintenance and attention the previous owner gave it without regard to the badge on the grill.

Thank you 27!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back