They're selling out of batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Was at Advance Auto today, trying to get some -30'F windshield fluid. Ok, they're out of that. The other customers were all there for batteries and the shelves are about half empty. They turned someone away, being out of their size.

Meanwhile a customer sat in her car honking the horn every 30 seconds. Counter guy said she was waiting for a free battery install. It seems they were blowing her off for the walk-in customers, and, I presume, for her continuing attitude.

-16 this morning. Getting hairy up here.

Bozo woman can't take 5 minutes to enter the store and talk to an employee ?

I'm assuming she was in there before I was and they told her to wait. Her waiting in the car was probably her idea. Probably a real man-hating piece of work, too, but I'm projecting.
laugh.gif

Man, imagine being married to a woman like that. I’ve seen the types of men these women are married to. They typically look like their tail is between their legs at all times.

I haven't really noticed any issues with the cold snap but I haven't gone to an auto parts store either. We went ice fishing today and it started at -28C and warmed up to -18C in the afternoon, but with only a little breeze. We wore quite a few layers but were pretty comfortable for the 6 hours we were out.

Update, all the heating oil dealers are 1-2 weeks out. I got a 5 gal jug and stopped at a place with "off road diesel" and it turned out to be 30 cents cheaper than having it delivered! I stood in line with three other like-minded individuals.

I crunched the numbers and use 8 gallons a night, so this extends my fill-up date substantially if I stop every night. Filling the house from a "gas" can is stupidly slow though and it doesn't blow the whistle like the truck does.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back