The land of entitlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andrewg
To anyone here who actually believes that the current younger generation (under 30) have no worse manners and civility toward others than that same age group in the 1940's or 50's....has got a very confused sense of what culture is all about. We've DEVOLVED when it comes to manners, respect, and courtesy. Especially the younger crowd.
Your generation did a [censored] job raising us
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
To anyone here who actually believes that the current younger generation (under 30) have no worse manners and civility toward others than that same age group in the 1940's or 50's....has got a very confused sense of what culture is all about. We've DEVOLVED when it comes to manners, respect, and courtesy. Especially the younger crowd.
crackmeup2.gif

I agree....thanks to the "free" thinking and "liberation" of the 1960's.

Originally Posted By: 2strokeNorthstar
Because the Boomers sucked the economy dry and stuck us with a crooked lying government.

Our society, as a whole, gets the government they deserve. We ALL created this mess.

Boomer here paying 35% fed, outrageous property taxes, and 8.75% sales tax on significant spend. Have worked nonstop for 45 years and never needed a dime from dole R us …

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Boomer here paying 35% fed, outrageous property taxes, and 8.75% sales tax on significant spend. Have worked nonstop for 45 years and never needed a dime from dole R us …

Another independently responsible boomer! Good for you!

Because the Boomers sucked the economy dry and stuck us with a crooked lying government.

Boomers have created way more than they've sucked...it's the younger generations that are sucking everything dry...

The government and economic state of things has nothing to do with it.

My parents grew up fairly poor in the 1960s, and my grandparents grew up during the great depression. None of them are even close to being D-bags, especially to other people.

It has 100% to do with parenting. I work in various school districts and see it every day, and it IS getting worse. Anyone who denies that does not see it on the ground level. Never before have teachers been afraid of criticizing student work and recommending they get extra help because a parent might sue them for hurting the kid's feelings.

crackmeup2.gif

Dr. Spock et.al

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
crackmeup2.gif

Dr. Spock et.al

Yes...that fool. I was going to mention him, but I figured the younger members would be confused and think I was talking about Leonard Nimoy.

Originally Posted By: grampi

Boomers have created way more than they've sucked...it's the younger generations that are sucking everything dry...

Couple good reads. I stand by my statement. Opportunities are not what they were. Not saying there are not good honest working people in the mix. That's always true. There are plenty of punks with no respect these days too. Guess why? Boomers divorce rate is out of this world and a complete family under 1 roof is rare. Trickle down keeps getting worse. Income disparity is out of control, the environment was trashed under the boomers, government has regulated and taxed everything so much jobs are going away, Union jobs/ jobs with pension and benefits are a rarity, Social Security gone, national debt through the roof.......

http://www.newsweek.com/are-millennials-screwed-generation-65523
https://www.forbes.com/sites/victorlipma...n/#28b7344d2309

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back