The easiest oil change I’ve ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PimTac
I wish I had a garage but we have a carport. I live in a senior community so not only am I exposed but I attract a audience as well. Luckily the neighbors are pretty good folks, many of them veterans.

In our old house I had a large detached garage with a wood stove. We lived out in the sticks and it was really nice to fire up that stove to make the garage comfortable when working inside.

Then the answer may be:
-oil extractor
-gloves
-gallon zip-bag
-big cardboard under
-changing the filter every 2 oil changes?

ninja-oil-change could be really early in the morning in weekends...

Since this was the first oil change from the factory it will be even better going forward.

Cardboard for laying on...check
Extractor, no need. The oil drains fast.
Gallon zip bag...covered.

Manager is here on Mon and Thurs so I have five other days to do it. In reality, my next change won’t be until next fall and then yearly after that. I figure I drive about 5k a year. Yes I do need to get out more.

Originally Posted By: chunt
Changing the oil on my Tacoma is almost a pleasure. With the Fumoto valve and the filter on the top, the hardest part is pouring the used oil in a container to take to recycling. Now replacing the oil filter on the Rogue is a whole different experience.

Thoughts about the fumoto slowing down drain rate and the effect on sediment evacuation? That's what has kept them off my cars for a good few years now.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Originally Posted By: DirtyApe

Thoughts about the fumoto slowing down drain rate and the effect on sediment evacuation? That's what has kept them off my cars for a good few years now. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Life if full of compromises. One of the reasons that I always change my oil just after I have driven it is to lessen the affect of any possible sediment. But I don't believe that's whats left in the pan is a something that I need to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back