The Crackers Case Unsolved

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I just received three emails full of attached documents from a Danbury Connecticut veterinarian for a 44 pound dog named Crackers .. All records from 2017 on.

The owners of the dog names were given and I searched my business email back to 1996 for this name and the clinic.

Nothing came up...
So I looked up the vet and it is legit and I called the number from their website and not the documents. Thinking this was some scam but no bill was sent just old records..

I called and was put on hold and the lady was confused and said they are real docs but they don't even have the clients email.
So I asked her to send me another email and everything was legit including the IP address and email headers.
She said she will look into it and contact me on why I am getting these and she confirmed they were not bills but not docs requested by the owner either.

The Crackers Case is still open
Stay tuned for more updates 😃☺️😃

Someone mistyped an email when sending. So she looked in their email address book and you didn't appear, which is normal.

UPDATE.............................

The Crackers case has been solved.
I did it in less than 24 hrs.

A rather shady affair and after another conversation with the clerk I figured it out.
For some reason the community I service is always up to shady behavior. Without making a novel out of it
I will streamline the story.

Twenty years ago, I stopped importing a line of sporting goods because of the never-ending QC issues.
I made it work because I made the spare parts inhouse because the factory offered no spares.
It got so bad in the end I bailed, and it was 80% of my business.

A Doctor customer of mine dreamed of being the importer and he asked me if I cared that he took it over.
I warned him why he shouldn't but gave my blessing as I no longer cared.

He was a great friend for many years. He called me daily talking shop etc.
Within one year his wife which worked at the practice told him no more. He was running this business out of
his med office. Plus, he wasn't known for his expertise in the field and people wouldn't buy the stuff from him.

I pulled him out of the hole and liquidated the items for him. My last conversation was very strained no doubt due to his wife.
Like somehow, I was responsible for it. Been nearly 20 years since I heard from him.

I got a funny feeling, and I called the clerk back. She had no more information. She said she relayed the info to the owner which takes care of issues like this. I asked her if she knew the Doc from my past and
she said he has an office in the same building and him and her boss at the Vet are the best of friends and play golf etc.

As I figured. And later that day it proved true.
I dumped my business phone years ago as I prefer email only and my cell was never listed, and that number has changed as well.
I fully believe these dog docs I was sent were a ploy to get me to call in and then get my phone number.
Was the clerk knowingly involved... not sure.. but the Doc from the days past called here last night on my cell phone.

I didn't pick up and not sure If I will. I see these cute tricks all the time. At this point the Vet has not called back or emailed.

One email was 16 pages of med records- cropped for privacy.

crackers.JPG

Just Delete It -- no one can scam you
Just Delete It -- no one gets your phone number
Just Delete It -- it won't bother you any more...
Delete
DELETE! -- why make this so complicated?

Back