The Animal Shelters Are Full...

I'm 3000 miles away but this poor guy is 4 years old and beautiful. He has been at the shelter for 1 year because he is depressed because he was removed from another dog and his family. He doesn't sell himself well in this state.
This is a picture of my TV but you can see.

1000002867.jpg

We are dogless for 6 months but are going on vacation so we’re waiting until we get back. It’s painful for my wife because she looks at the availabile JRTs in our area every night.I’m staying neutral,its so quiet.

Sad... And very true. We have four rescue pets at home. In fact, all of my animals have been rescues. It's equally sad to see "Designer Dogs" being advertised where I live... (Doodles etc.) People with major money and seeing them choosing to NOT rescue makes me sad. Soooooo many abandoned animals....

I'm 3000 miles away but this poor guy is 4 years old and beautiful. He has been at the shelter for 1 year because he is depressed because he was removed from another dog and his family. He doesn't sell himself well in this state.
This is a picture of my TV but you can see.

View attachment 215783
Its hard to watch Rocky's channel at times.

My present cats were adopted from a shelter as a "bonded pair", meaning they grew up and lived together in a household and both had to be given up at the same time. It is clear that they are the best of companions, and their adjustment to their new home (my home) was near instantaneous and they are confident alone and when visitors they have never seen before come to visit.

Consider a bonded pair when you seek to adopt.

Sad... And very true. We have four rescue pets at home. In fact, all of my animals have been rescues. It's equally sad to see "Designer Dogs" being advertised where I live... (Doodles etc.) People with major money and seeing them choosing to NOT rescue makes me SICK. Soooooo many abandoned animals....
There, fixed it for you. we've always had rescue animals and and it disgusts me so many die so people can buy doodles and other trendy animals. It's humans at their worst.

Wish I had more space. Good point about the vet bills. They are insane these days. Low cost clinics I bet would help the problem. We had to pay $300 for an ear infection. Medicine probably costs $20. It's getting as bad as human treatments
I think vets are worth more. Human physicians only have to learn one set of body systems. Vets have to know every system of lizards, to fish, to farm animals , to dogs, to hamsters etc.

I've heard that if you cant make it as a vet, you become a physician ( just kidding).

Wish I had more space. Good point about the vet bills. They are insane these days. Low cost clinics I bet would help the problem. We had to pay $300 for an ear infection. Medicine probably costs $20. It's getting as bad as human treatments

An animal hospital wanted to charge us $2.4k for a CT scan on our cat.

Never understood pure breds. As I recall English royalty tried that....kids wound up with six toes and worse.

Not that there's not pure breds who need rescue, too.

I volunteer for a wolf/wolf-dog refuge and some of the abuse we see is unspeakable.

A big part of our message is that if you want a canine in your life, please go to your local shelter and adopt. Try vet bills for ~53 animals. That said, our vet is amazing in her skill and she lets us float a balance. Credit allows flexibility, fortunately, and kind donors allow us to provide excellent lives and health to animals that would otherwise be dead.

ANYWAY.....yeah, go adopt at your local shelter

Back