That's the end of F1 as we know it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
.....just the FIA removing irrelevant ornamental women from a racing series.

Go put all of those girls who interviewed and auditioned for those jobs into a room. Along with the agencies and advertisers who sponsor them. Then have one of those wart nosed, bell shaped Feminazi's walk in, and tell them to their faces just how "irrelevant" they are. The only thing that is totally irrelevant is the ridiculous positions and agendas these idiot feminists, along with the politically correct snowflakes who support them are trying to push.

Does anyone actually believe these crackpot's even show up at these races they claim to be so offended by? I'm willing to bet 99% of them who are complaining were never there. They saw it in a magazine, or else on television, and took it as an opportunity to jump in and cause an artificial stink over. And I could care less about these morons or their stupid agenda. I'm P.O.'d that F1 was so gutless and caved into them.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
But why are the women put off by it?

I mean, that's a whole separate topic that would be better served by a conversation with those women.

What's relevant here is the fact that some of us, sitting in our armchairs, have decided a priori what the reasons are and dismissed them as [censored]. I'm sorry, but that's just arrogant presumption.

Because whatever the reason, in the big scheme of things, it is regressive cheerleading that works against decades of advancement in the other direction.

People that don't like seeing scantily clad women should then avoid every beach and pool. They daren't open a catalog showing female undergarments and they most assuredly should not watch ANY movie or TV show.

In the last 100 years there have been things that have offended plenty of people. These people's concerns were ultimately put to the wayside in the name of progress. Destigmatizing sex has been a key part of that progressive agenda and one of the major things that sets American and European society apart from those of the middle east.

A big part of all this progress is the philosophy that if you don't like something, don't do it. If you don't want to see something, don't look at it. It doesn't matter if it is two gay guys holding hands, a man dressed up in traditional female clothing with a big old pair of fake [censored] or a group of attractive women who have worked hard to get their figures looking good and have the privilege and opportunity to make money showing that off at a sporting venue. You cannot claim to be progressive but cherry pick which progresses you want to champion, that's not how it works and no amount of self-righteous indignation or virtue signalling changes that fact.

What is interesting is Leena Gade, 24 Hour of Le Mans winning race engineer, tweeted about the topic and said that feminists should be more focused on getting women into positions like hers or as mechanics and drivers instead of putting aspiring models who use the money they earn to advance their careers or pay for education out of work.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
d00df00d said:
OVERKILL said:
People that don't like seeing scantily clad women

Fact is, at most of the races, the gridgirls are very modestly dressed.

Which makes this feigned offence even more ridiculous IMHO.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
d00df00d said:
OVERKILL said:
People that don't like seeing scantily clad women

Fact is, at most of the races, the gridgirls are very modestly dressed.

True they are. I went to the Long Beach GPs in I think it was 2001 and 2002 and the Tecate and Corona girls were very scantily clad. But the last few times I have gone everything is a bit more family friendly.

Probably some fat women complaining its bad for people to look at cute women....
smirk.gif

Last edited:
But why are the women put off by it?

I mean, that's a whole separate topic that would be better served by a conversation with those women.

What's relevant here is the fact that some of us, sitting in our armchairs, have decided a priori what the reasons are and dismissed them as [censored]. I'm sorry, but that's just arrogant presumption.

Because whatever the reason, in the big scheme of things, it is regressive cheerleading that works against decades of advancement in the other direction.

People that don't like seeing scantily clad women should then avoid every beach and pool. They daren't open a catalog showing female undergarments and they most assuredly should not watch ANY movie or TV show.

In the last 100 years there have been things that have offended plenty of people. These people's concerns were ultimately put to the wayside in the name of progress. Destigmatizing sex has been a key part of that progressive agenda and one of the major things that sets American and European society apart from those of the middle east.

A big part of all this progress is the philosophy that if you don't like something, don't do it. If you don't want to see something, don't look at it. It doesn't matter if it is two gay guys holding hands, a man dressed up in traditional female clothing with a big old pair of fake [censored] or a group of attractive women who have worked hard to get their figures looking good and have the privilege and opportunity to make money showing that off at a sporting venue. You cannot claim to be progressive but cherry pick which progresses you want to champion, that's not how it works and no amount of self-righteous indignation or virtue signalling changes that fact.

I get the impression that you think the fact that grid girls were scantily clad was the only important factor in this decision by the FIA (or near enough). You also seem to be lumping all scantily clad women in the same bucket, hence the lack of distinction between women at the beach and models in catalogs etc.

I can only recommend that you have a serious, honest conversation with the people you're insulting without fully understanding their motivations. You're imputing the most insane fringe version to the majority and assuming it's the driving force here. A common thing to do in contentious partisan discourse, but almost always unfair and unwarranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back