TESTING: Valvoline EP, Mobil 1 EP, LiquidMoly Moly Gen, Castrol Magnatec, Castrol Edge EP VOAs (Blackstone)

Well, he has posted the results on his YouTube channel. I can't believe how low all the TBN's are with these oils. The Mobil 1 EP is 5.8! The Moly pack is about the same as it has always been for the Mobil 1 EP as well.

Well, he has posted the results on his YouTube channel. I can't believe how low all the TBN's are with these oils. The Mobil 1 EP is 5.8! The Moly pack is about the same as it has always been for the Mobil 1 EP as well.
.........and the results on his YT channel are where?

I don't care what his opinion is about oil. A VOA is a VOA. He provided valuable information I was curious about for a couple of oil brands. Doesn't matter if he is "out of his element."
Agreed. We are getting free VOAs and people can't just appreciate that without having to complain about the rest of the content.

BTW, I added his VOA results to my database, including time-stamped links to the VOAs shown in the video.

I don't care what his opinion is about oil. A VOA is a VOA. He provided valuable information I was curious about for a couple of oil brands. Doesn't matter if he is "out of his element."
Agreed. We are getting free VOAs and people can't just appreciate that without having to complain about the rest of the content.

BTW, I added his VOA results to my database, including time-stamped links to the VOAs shown in the video.

I agree, however the commentary was brutal to listen to and is what I was referring to. It was like watching a fish out of water.

So, if one oil has 80ppm of moly and another has 200ppm, the higher number is better?
It is my understanding there are two types of moly : A cheap one (usually showing a higher number (like 200) and then a more expensive moly (showing a number like 50 or 80) . Thus the moly numbers in an oil can be misleading ... Safe to say , the lower Moly number in an oil like M1 or Penzoil Platinum oils contain the higher quality level Moly .

There is a link the the PDFs if you would rather link those.

There is a link the the PDFs if you would rather link those.

I already had it linked above along with the YT video I posted.

1670706444183.jpg

Valvoline is a great oil, I have use this one few times, I would not go any longer than 5k miles on it, I have enough for one more oil change and im thinking about adding a

Lubegard 30901 Bio/Tech Engine Oil Protectant, 15 oz in 8 quarts of valvoline,this is very popular over at ram forums, people claiming to make the engine very smooth and very quiet valve train.​

What is your reasoning for this?
reasoning for not going longer than 5k? I have this oil on my wife grand cherokee and right around 8k miles the engine started sounding very rough , as soon as we change the oil smooth right down again..... this is my personal opinion I wish I send oil sample to get tested but I didn't , pennzoil platinum holds up much better , this is also just personal opinion .

reasoning for not going longer than 5k? I have this oil on my wife grand cherokee and right around 8k miles the engine started sounding very rough , as soon as we change the oil smooth right down again..... this is my personal opinion I wish I send oil sample to get tested but I didn't , pennzoil platinum holds up much better , this is also just personal opinion .
I see.

Back