TESTING: Valvoline EP, Mobil 1 EP, LiquidMoly Moly Gen, Castrol Magnatec, Castrol Edge EP VOAs (Blackstone)

I know VOAs only tell half of the story but this will be intresting to watch none the least. Curious myself about this new "triple action formula" from mobil. He just sent these off a few days ago. I will also post his vid once he receives them back from Blackstone. Just thought some of you would enjoy this yourselves.

--credit FordBossMe (Youtube)

Ok I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I bet Valvoline will have the most MOLYBDENUM😂. Based on UOAs recently lol. Anyone else willing to bet on something? Of course were ALL guessing at this point.

We shall see...

Ok I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I bet Valvoline will have the most MOLYBDENUM😂. Based on UOAs recently lol. Anyone else willing to bet on something? Of course were ALL guessing at this point.

We shall see...
They will all have lots of extenders …

What are you basing this upon?
Recent uoas have shown elevated moly levels. PDS for supercar 5w50 mobil 1 shows 165 ppm moly. MSDS now list moly which the only time they have done that before was for m1 racing 0w30 which has an obscene amount of moly

Recent uoas have shown elevated moly levels. PDS for supercar 5w50 mobil 1 shows 165 ppm moly. MSDS now list moly which the only time they have done that before was for m1 racing 0w30 which has an obscene amount of moly
Almost all M1 EP UOAs in the forum have shown ~75-82ppm for moly on reports even going back a year or more. Going up to 150ppm would be a big departure from the norm.

Almost all M1 EP UOAs in the forum have shown ~75-82ppm for moly on reports even going back a year or more. Going up to 150ppm would be a big departure from the norm.
Recent ones have shown around 100 or more. Most have been the vanilla m1. We will see. Its been 75-80 since api SL tri syn

102 here

116 here

93 here with 1 quart of 15 w50 diluting it

107 here

101 here

I may be shooting high at 150 but its for sure 100 atleast

102 here

116 here

93 here with 1 quart of 15 w50 diluting it

107 here

101 here

I may be shooting high at 150 but its for sure 100 atleast
Those all look to be regular M1, not M1EP, like what is in the video. If you look at the M1EP UOAs, you’ll notice what I said in earlier post. I looked at 7 different EP UOAs going back to 2020.

Those all look to be regular M1, not M1EP, like what is in the video. If you look at the M1EP UOAs, you’ll notice what I said in earlier post. I looked at 7 different EP UOAs going back to 2020.
Reason for that is the new "triple action formula" labels have been on the shelves for regular mobil 1 for a much longer time than m1 EP triple action formila +power so there has been more time for folks to get UOAs on the regular version. Triple action EP labels have only hit my local walmart maybe a month ago vs regular m1 triple action since around may and neither have hit my local part stores. We will see! Ive got a feeling im wrong on my 150 prediction but I atleast expect 100 which is the first time they have departed from their 70-80 norm since 2002. Before 02 they had no moly

We shall see...
More Moly makes an oil the best these days? Which kind of moly is it? I’m just wondering which type of moly you feel is best since even an untrained eye can look at the UOAs and see there’s really no measurable differences between high moly and low moly oils. Can you share how you determined more moly is the best?

More Moly makes an oil the best these days? Which kind of moly is it? I’m just wondering which type of moly you feel is best since even an untrained eye can look at the UOAs and see there’s really no measurable differences between high moly and low moly oils. Can you share how you determined more moly is the best?
Always one looking for a silly argument huh? Just can't resist. Please enlighten me on where I remotely came close to saying "best oils have more moly". If you cant. Please save your time and mine and say no more.

Can you read at all??? He never once claimed or even came close to claiming that more moly is better.

Always one looking for a silly argument huh? Just can't resist. Please enlighten me on where I remotely came close to saying "best oils have more moly". If you cant. Please save your time and mine and say no more.
CoachRoss07 said:
Ok I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I bet Valvoline will have the most MOLYBDENUM😂. Based on UOAs recently lol. Anyone else willing to bet on something?

Apologies if that wasn’t your tack, but it certainly looks like that you were proposing by taking bets on the level of MOLYBDENUM(!) in oils. It certainly appears you were betting on ranking oils based on their moly levels.

Back