Termites?

These suckers can do some serious damage and very quickly.
View attachment 208975
These Red Headed Woodpeckers' are Federally protected, no one should be caught hassling these guys. They are a Royal pain in the rear here!

They are not always going after insects, they Hammer the powerline pole out in front of my house, it has no insects. They Hammer the Cottonwood tree on my embankment, it does have insect larvae.

If I was the OP I would simply brush/spray this on all the posts at the termite level of strength, soak the wood real good and that would prevent any insects or eggs or whatever the Woodpeckers are looking for, thereby they would no longer bother because the insects or whatever they eat are no longer there. I would also trench and follow the instructions to treat the posts at the ground level. As woodpeckers can also be going after termites.
It doesnt have to be this product, I just happen to buy a large quantity now that I am in a new house and will spray the foundation from time to time.
You can also just go to Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, ACE and buy termite killer, follow the instructions for application to posts or use the strength for foundation treatment on the post.
Proper use can protect wood for 5 or more years from termites and above ground will last a heck of a lot longer than something like "Raid" in a spray can.
IMG_7580.JPG

or this or anything online, easy to find.

By eliminating the source of food = woodpeckers would not be there.

Last edited:
Back