Tell us a couple TV commercials you can't stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Customer feedback showed customers HATED the first new "live" incarnation of the Col. who my wife & I agree was not only the creepiest but just plain insulting in charachter. Norm Macdonald had prior baggage with the press & public is my best guess why he was let go. Now we have multiple live incarnations of Col. Sanders - Georgia Gold, Extra Crispy, Nashville Hot, and presumably Original Recipe.

They should have just stayed with an animated version.

pretty sure he is back, his voice at least, within a chimney. love norm on stern, great stuff

Today I saw the Pot Pie Col. Sanders

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.pastema...tor-ranked.html

Last edited:
All off them, but especially the over-produced, trigger-loaded ones. There was a Brick (furniture store) commercial going during the holidays, actually I think the G8d forsaken thing is still running but with new lyrics (to reflect post-christmas deals), and their audio engineer went full psychological assault with the rhythmic bell ringing- it was so reverbed, chorused and post-processed that you couldn't make out any single bell tone as they were all bleeding into each other at a very high volume- sure, effective to SEIZE BY FORCE the subconscious cognition of the entranced viewer, but it quickly became (more of) an offensive assault of the senses. So irritating.

Dr. Pepper commercial with the old vendor guy and the mini sweet Dr Pepper little person.

How about the Honda Pilot being tested in the snow showing it understeer 30 feet wide
and saying if it works here just think how it will work for you. Yeah across two lanes of traffic
into a fire hydrant.

The idiot Chevrolet hipster discussing reliability with "Real morons, not actors" on an empty interstate. I keep hoping an oncoming gasoline tanker jackknifes and lands on the whole wretched bunch.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I LOVED these!! Brings back wonderful memories of when I was a kid. Good days!! I was 10 and 8 years old. I remember my parents buying these records for my sister and I,and we played them all the time. Heck,I still have them!!

I loved K-Tel albums - great fun! Eleven songs per side - now that's quality!

The first ad of this genre I remember was c. 1968 - I was over at my friend's house in Regina, and we were watching TV (B&W of course) in the basement. These images of C&W singers would twirl in from the side and expand, stopping at a jaunty angle in the middle of the screen, while a song clip played. Meanwhile, a steady list of song titles and artists in white letters scrolled from bottom to top. For no good reason other than having way too much brain sludge, I remember that two of the song clips were 'Oh Stop the World and Let Me Off' followed immediately by 'Gotta Rhythm, Uh Huh, Uh Huh'. The later I discovered was Johnny Cash. We had no C&W music at home, so I'd never heard any of this stuff before.

A few years later my first album was a K-Tel 8-track - "22 Fantastic Hits" - which I played frequently in my ancient '62 Chevy II (194 inline-6 w/ PowerGlide, 10W-30.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back