Tell us a couple TV commercials you can't stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: exranger06
Any Geico or Progressive insurance commercial, ever.

Most recently the DirecTV ads with the people getting happy about pouring coffee on themselves, sitting in gum, and walking into glass doors have been really irritating.

I love those commercials, especially the dude doing the triangle solo!

I like watching the channels that show the old TV shows like ME TV and TV Land, but I can't stand the commercials. They're all old codger stuff...medications, stair lifters, walk-in bath tubs, ads for old fogie homes, etc...

The Most Interesting Man Alive! That new guy looks like a sissy. I prefer the old one.
Stay thirsty my friends....

My TV goes on mute for all adds. There is an Aussie retail chain Harvey Norman where they shout out all the fantstic deals, everyone hates it. There is a local furniture outlet where the daughter of the owner also shouts loudly about the good deals, also hated...she says it gets results. Latley she has adds with people swimming or fishing, doing summer stuff, she is lounging on the beach in an old chair, and the voice over is quietly saying what is on special. Nice adds, so I guess she took notice of public opinion.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Jewelry Commercials.

It's not bad enough that they're selling a product mined by slaves, but they have to literally tell you that Diamond=Love.

There's one going around that literally says, "Show people that you are loved with a diamond!". Then this cute little heart appears all over every scene that says "I Am Loved" in the middle.

Translation: If you don't have diamonds, nobody loves you. If you're not buying diamonds, you dont love your significant other.

Yes, this!

Originally Posted By: Bud
Chevy ads with its real people.

this, and the "huuuuuuuuge" guy on local radio.

Ambulance chasing attorneys; in particular here, the Texas Hammers (father & son team) have some ads with cheap attempts at Mad Max special effects as well as carrying & swinging sledgehammers.

LOL ... a few weeks ago had to do a chest X-ray for a work permit ... they kept handing me form after form to fill out ... finally asked if they’d been sued by The Hammer ... whole clinic broke out in laughter

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Ambulance chasing attorneys; in particular here, the Texas Hammers (father & son team) have some ads with cheap attempts at Mad Max special effects as well as carrying & swinging sledgehammers.

Haha it's Hammer and Son now? That's HILARIOUS!
crackmeup2.gif

Son had tiny fender bender … nobody spoke English … LEO gave her ticket … then some bystanders came over with a bunch of drama … translator called in … long discussions in Spanish … ticket reversed … our insurance paid damages … thought it was over … no, they found one of these “sludge hammers” … the woman and 3 kids all claimed to have bodily harm (collision damage equal to tack hammer) ~ insurance paid big time and said we know it’s fraud but we don’t fight these … just raise rates

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Son had tiny fender bender … nobody spoke English … LEO gave her ticket … then some bystanders came over with a bunch of drama … translator called in … long discussions in Spanish … ticket reversed … our insurance paid damages … thought it was over … no, they found one of these “sludge hammers” … the woman and 3 kids all claimed to have bodily harm (collision damage equal to tack hammer) ~ insurance paid big time and said we know it’s fraud but we don’t fight these … just raise rates

Oh goodness!

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
The Progressive Insurance commercials have really gone stale.

They went stale 5 years ago.

Thats what happens when you turn an" idea" into a campaign......

How old is Flo now? - like 90?

Originally Posted By: Bud
Chevy ads with its real people.

These ads are indeed annoying. There's a guy doing some very funny spoofs of these on YouTube. Can't link them here due to the forum rules on language, but they are easy to find.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
The Most Interesting Man Alive! That new guy looks like a sissy. I prefer the old one.
Stay thirsty my friends....

Nothing interesting about the new guy. Looks like a complete goofball.

Almost as bad as when they replaced the Brawny Man with some total wuss who probably never lived a day without a wedgie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back